Arillas Local Products Festival

Started by dimitris, June 22, 2011, 11:27:38 PM

Linked Events

dimitris

On Saturday July 9 a charity event is held in Arillas, in support of the organization 'Smile of the Child'. The event will take place in the Corfu Beer brewery, and offers a program of traditional dances and songs, a bazaar with a wide choice of Corfiot products, and a grand lottery.

All benefits go to .  'Smile of the Child'

The Arillas Local Products Festival is organized by the Cultural Organisation Arillas, the Athletic Union Arillas-Kavvadades, and the network of Corfiot Product Producers, under auspices of the Corfu Chamber of Commerce.

The Organising Committee

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
Learn About what the Locals want you to know while in Arillas

justphil

My initial reaction was "Oh B******s! We'll miss another one." We always seem to time it wrong. We arrive on 11th, very late.

But justjen justsaid "tell Sandy that we expect a full report." No emotion, just an order.... Take note Sandy luvver. You'll have to answer to her on 12th. I've done so for 40 years.....

I am sure it will be a very special event and it is in aid of a very good cause, and set in my favourite type of place in the world, a brewery. (And yes I could easily organise a p**s up in one....)

I hope every forum mmber who is there then will support it. Can't wait for the pics to appear on here.

Thank you Dimitris for posting this.
Phil

Sandy x

I'll be there for sure phil....but don't rely on an immediate report. I don't access technology while I'm there.

Sounds good Dimitris....
Sandy x

justphil

When I stop to think Sandy (I don't often) you can tell us about it when we see you. Feel sure somebody will have reported it completely before we have to do it on our return abroad to the UK. I hope Dimitris posts some of his on-the-spot pictures... (no pressure Boss...)

Phil

TerryW

Thanks for that news Dimitris and we will be there. It looks like its organised like the festival that is usually down by the sea and that is always a wonderful night.

Royal Ionian, music, dancing and  Corfiot pruduce, on a warm summers evening, what more could you want. Also, after looking at the link for 'Smile of the Child', its for a very worthy cause.

vivian

Hi Dimitri's, Wish we could be there with you but seeing that we cant I wonder if you could please buy us some tickets for the grand draw as a donation and we will give you the money in October or send you it now. Whichever you want. Loads of Love Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

adairsl

we've always missed the festivals so look forward to getting involved, sounds fab.
Cat and Ol

TerryW

Here is a quickly thrown together video of the festival. I think there was about 2,500 people there and it was so busy and we couldn't get near the front to see the dancing close up.

I think the man in the suit is the president, or similar, of all the Ionian Islands.Dimitris will know who it was. One of the Greek television networks was also recording there.

Erja

Life is good ;)

Sandy x

It was a wonderful evening and I heard they raised more than !5,000 euros.....
Sandy x