Arillas 2011

Started by justphil, April 24, 2011, 10:37:44 PM

Steph ~

We first came to Arillas in 2006 for our honeymoon - it was cheap and the accommodation got excellent reviews.  Then we got the Arillas bug and have returned every year and this year will be no exception!   

We just love the people (locals & those you recognise from year to year), slow pace, beach, wonderful food, seeing what's changed (very little!) ...   

Arillas reminds me of the Greece I first came to know & love 30-odd years ago, when I had my first holiday in Crete aged 10 and became a Greece-addict. Arillas is a world away from the thumping streets of various other resorts in the Greek islands. It's a little bit of paradise and I can't wait to get back. Each year it feels like coming home.  Roll on July!

hippopotandmouse

First visit to Arillas last week.
The best things about Arillas......the scenery, the pace of life, the food, the people, watching fireflies on the walk back at the end of the night, traditional tavernas, beer by the beach, and chilling by the pool at the Mirage, where there was always a warm welcome

Sandy x

....and another addict in the making....who appreciated all the magic Arillas has to offer.
Sandy x

justphil

And now, thanks to the efforts of kevin.g, Eggy, the generosity of forum members and the intervention of our beloved webmaster, Arillas now has a wonderful new amenity - the bench on the jetty. The spirit of Arillas lives on. Get yer ar**s into gear and book! It will be the best holiday you ever have.

Phil

ness44

I keep reading all these great posts abouy Arillas and it sounds such a fantastic place. We have booked for next year as cant make it this year but already counting down. My kids will be 18 and 14 and they love Greece and i hope they will like there.

Ness

Val n Bill

They will love it, you can spend the night in the Coconut and they can go next door to the Malibu, (karaoke) or just be entertained by the crowd in the Nut. Lots of teenagers in there last week.

Val x
The love affair continues.

AJC51

Arillas is like an old pair of slippers a good woman followed by a good meal several large Mythos and Metaxors.( Common denominator)  COMFORTABLE WARM WELCOMING FRIENDLY & RELAXING!

chrisT

each and everyone of you has summed up what everyone who goes there thinks we found arillas? or arillas found us by chance, thanks jan for getting that little mozzie bite and asking us if there was a chemist in sidari truth known we hated sidari that was 2004 and this is our 12th time back when we arrive in 14 days bring on the ouzo YAMMAS.

ianhlong

We are back on the 22nd july for our 4th visit, and as we have both now retired (from teaching) we are looking at good times to visit outside the school holidays. May see you in Arillas.
Ian and Jacqui