easyjet 2011 shedules

Started by kevin.g, August 01, 2010, 07:42:08 PM

Janis

So did I, Sandy - then I remembered we'd already booked for Kaloudis in May through Thomson....
May do E/J and Horizon again though for September 2011 if our next one in two weeks' time works out well

Janis x

daisyday

Do you all find it cheaper to book flights and accommodation separately then?  We originally booked a week in Kaloudis in June this year (way in advance) via Thomson for £560 for 2.  Had to cancel last minute due to death of sister and rebooked 2 weeks (only a couple of days later but didn't want to miss her funeral) - the managed to get 2 weeks for £660 for both of us through Thomson again (and at the Kaloudis).  We don't think with transfers we could actually do this cheaper ourselves.....

But I would be interested to hear from you all if we could get a better deal ourselves.... thinking of having another week there sometime next year.

Also would be interested to know what the weather is usually like mid to end of October (may try a late escape this year!).

Thanks all.

kevin.g

daisy
each to there own
7/14 days through a tour operator or 10 /11/ or what ever you can affford to lose time from work,,on average the price can be the same ,,but the full price of the accommodation goes to the owner not the tour operator,,remember transfer costs as well ...good luck .........yammas

justphil

Hi Daisyday. Thomson are offering late deals to Kaloudis from Gatwick including transfer, on 11 Oct for an amazing £150. We usually pay that or more for just a flight! I checked it wasn't a gimmick - I got as far as having to pay, and could have booked it on the website today.

The balance between package and independent is frequently and hotly debated on here. We prefer independent, but are sure that in the long run the costs are the same. But sometimes you get a giveaway like the above offer. We took one in October 2007.

Like kev says - good luck! We would have booked, but can only go in half term, when you almost NEVER get offers like this.

Phil

daisyday

Thanks to you both.  I'm watching avidly.  Unfortunately we both have to book our holidays at work in advance and we both have a "window" for our week away from 19th Oct over a period of 2 weeks....so watching for between those dates.  Haven't seen anything as cheap as you mention Phil - is that just through Thomsons?  Mind you, I'm putting in from 19th Oct. and not sure when school holidays are any more - yippee - gone past those days.   

I think if Arillas had been 5 mins from the airport we would have considered going independently but with the £50 each way taxi ride it certainly is something to take into consideration.... although I certainly wouldn't rule out privately booking if the price was right.