hotels in Corfu Town

Started by gaye, July 04, 2010, 03:09:47 PM

gaye

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel for one night's stay in Corfu Town?
gaygo

Geoffrey with a "G"

We have always had pleasant stays at the Hotel Bretagne near the airport.
Geoffrey with a `G´

jo-jo

I have stayed at Bella Venezia Hotel (gets very booked up, as small) in Corfu Town. It was lovely with a fab courtyard for breakfast. Will stay there again on our travels in Corfu. Very central but quiet. Always visit the British Cemetery which has fab gardens cared for by George who is a real character and lived in the cemetery house all his life. He will tell you some amazing stories. Never miss   seeing him.

Jo

gaye

oh thanks for that Geoffrey and Jo Jo.....had actually earmarked the Bretagne but may well follow Jo Jo's suggestion ...a bit of culture as well as a break!
gaygo

gaye

How far is The Bretagne from the airport Geoffrey and then how far from the town!
gaygo

Geoffrey with a "G"

gaye, the Bretagne is quoted on the website below as being a 10 minute walk from the airport. I would say it`s less than that and only a few minutes more into town. Check out this website:- www.booking.com/hotel/gr/hotelbretagne.en.html  
Geoffrey with a `G´

Corfusoon

I've used Bella Venezia too. It's an OK hotel in my opinion, certainly does for a night and it's a short taxi ride from the airport. Parkings tight outside but it's in the heart of the town.

Did just want to point out that all of the Corfu town hotels are right on the flightpath and CAN BE RATHER NOISY!

Flights start pretty darn early too!
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday