Ash

Started by Sandy x, May 03, 2010, 11:48:51 PM

Sandy x

Good luck Mary. Let's hope we see each other in Arillas....
Sandy x

martin-w

We will have to meet up for a celebratory drink on Friday!
Good luck!
Martin.

sunflower

Best of luck to all of you !!
It must be quite nerve-wrecking right now with the
ash from the Icelandic volcano and now the genereal
strike in Greece stopping all planes and ferries as well.
Connie x

MaryH

Yes Sandy it'll be a relief to get there and would be great to have a celebration drink on the Friday :)

justlynn

Good Luck, Mary, Martin, Sandy and everyone!

lynn xx

JohnTheRef&Dot

Janis
you lucky Devil

Janis

Ha ha John - I noticed it and put a rubbish post on just to make it to the next number....

Janis x

justlynn

You'll soon be there yourself, John!  :)

lynn xx

Janis

Well spotted, Lynn - so he will!

Janis x

justphil

lol!! JohntheRef 666 posts? I thought I'd heard more than that from you.... Er, I can talk!

John, is that why I haven't seen you on here the last while? I know better though. The devil in you is your dry wit and we all justlove it. Like our Eileen said "must get a life." Well you have one with your grandson.

A bit of vlocano ash wouldn't stop you and Dot from getting to Arillas, just like it won't stop us. See yous both for dinner in Brouklis on 13th July, or maybe even at 1.30am on 12th in the Nut. We will have been in Arillas for at least 10 minutes by then....

love to Dot too
Phil

iluvsangeorge

Reports today state that the ash cloud is moving back over UK airspace today. We are due to fly at 06.50 tomorrow (Monday ) morning from Birmingham with Thomas Cook Airlines.
We are told to contact our airline BEFORE travelling to the airport but the only contact numbers I can find state the offices are closed over the week-end until 09.00 on Monday which is a lot of use.

Anyway after spending ages searching the Thomas Cook web-site for help I decided to submit a written complaint from the web-site. After completing 2 pages and creating an account the computer then picked up my words 'volcanic ash' and took me to a page called Top10 FAQs ..Volcanic Ash, which states it will kept up-dated. (I cannot find a link to that page anywhere other than via the complaint form.)  Let's hope it is !!

For anyone interested the link is:
http://thomascooknew.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/thomascooknew.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=476&p_sid=4P6Bhq_j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_li=&p_pv=&p_cv=&p_prods=0&p_cats=&p_sp=cF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1jY29udGFjdCB1cyZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9&p_topview=1

sunflower

Best of luck tomorrow!!
It must be very frustrating for you not knowing
whether you'll be able to fly or not. Fingers crossed.
Connie x

iluvsangeorge

As an update to my earlier posting I was given  a useful suggestion to try a site called 'saynoto0870'. This provided an operating  0161 Thomas Cook Ticket desk number at Manchester Airport.

The young lady there gave me a 24hour number to ring for all airports nearer our departure time.

For anyone else flying Thomas Cook this summer the number is: 01274 728466

Dennis