What are we going to do?

Started by Sandy x, April 18, 2010, 12:45:29 AM

isobel

we have drove out the last 2 years sailed from venice with sat nav it was easy the 25hours on ferry is great but you need a cabin lets hope you can get to arillas some way sorry for everyone who planned to travel this week

TerryW

I was in the garden this afternoon when I was hit by some frozen sausage rolls and a black forest gateaux. I asked my neighbour if had seen it and he said I wasn't to worry as it was just some of the fallout from Iceland :-) ...... sorry!!!!!!!!!!

justphil

Is that why mum goes....

cheeky s*d Terry

gaye

OMG Terry! That is so bad that I will be repeating it at work tomorrow!!! Thanks x
gaygo

TONYNEW

Took this of the sunrise this morning to the left of the sun on the horizon is Leeds/Bradford airport it seems weird not to hear and see the planes going in and out after living here for 50 years its something you get used to
Its quite eerie really with the quietness

Ang

At the end of the day there is nothing anyone can do, last time this volcano erupted was some 200yrs ago or so im told, the wright brothers were not even a twinkle in their dads eye nor was their dad a twinkle in his.Who would want to take the risk, jet engine need clear atmosphere or what ever
We are at the mercy of nature, the wind is not in the preferred direction and so the world has to wait
Angx

JohnTheRef&Dot

Best start WALKING....... Soon be there

keith(geezer)

just to let you all no that ba are testing there jumbo jet over wales at 30,000 ft and so far  all is going well so you my get home soon

GaryS

I for one do not believe its as bad as they make out. The test cases they refer to from the 80s involved flights that passed through a volcano's plume, not a cloud of dust. The airlines are desperate to resolve this and as the days pass more and more test flights will happen until something must give. We just love a good health and safety drama in the 21st century. 100 million pounds worth of unwanted or needed swine flu shots back that up.

GaryS

I for one do not believe its as bad as they make out. The test cases they refer to from the 80s involved flights that passed through a volcano's plume, not a cloud of dust. The airlines are desperate to resolve this and as the days pass more and more test flights will happen until something must give. We just love a good health and safety drama in the 21st century. 100 million pounds worth of unwanted or needed swine flu shots back that up.

Corfusoon

I do have my car over there which I could do with being bought back to the UK if anyone is stuck. Drop me a line if interested.

We have guests stranded at the moment. They are still enjoying themselves right now but I suspect they will need to get back sometime themselves.

Worse places I suppose.

Our flights out for 10 days on Friday starting to look shakey. Not sure 10 days merit driving for me. Train might be worth a look. Has anyone coated this? There are 6 of us. I'm sitting down.
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Ivan

Eileen mentioned a site for train fares and timetables some time ago. It was something like www.seat????? My brother is just back from Switzerland via boat and train and he said the trains were crowded. (as you would expect). What about train out and drive back?
                        Ivan

Sara

Having problems with Easyjet at the moment. Received a cancellation email off Easyjet this morning which directed me to my booking info & there is no amend tab to get a refund or free transfer & when I check the Corfu to Bristol flight status the flight details aren't even showing. Live Chat was useless, I was told to keep checking - so I've no idea how or when I'll can get home!
I was hoping to amend our flight & try to get onto next Friday's flight.
Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

BBB

Corfusoon

Hi Sara

On the Gatwick Website I found the Easyjet Claims Department Number:
0871 2882 236.

My wife only got as far as costing the train journey from London to Paris at £800 for us before I felt a bit wobbly and had to have a lie down.

How many of you out there Sara?

Regards
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday