Sights, Smells and Sounds in Arillas

Started by Jo Wissett, April 05, 2010, 01:37:15 PM

Paul D

Sights__   Many of you have been lucky to have seen fireflies in all their glory- sadly we have not.  But a sight I`ll never forget is the sparrows(housemartins?,some body can correct me) skimming the ground chasing insects. Literally inches off Kaloudis` drive.Marvelous airmenship!!!

Smells-    Jet fuel at the airport.

Sounds-  Nikos booming voice at Mirage- Welcome Back!
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Maggie

Sara

Sights ...

The setting sun reflecting on the sea.
Fireflies.
Reaching the Pankrator[?]  summit & seeing the west coast for the first time.
Meeting & greeting friends.
Geraniums, bouganvilia.

Smells ...

Jasmine.
Cooking aromas - cinnamon, oregano.
Ouzo

Sounds ...

Cockerels
Scoop owls.
Cicades
Scooters.
Waves.
Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

TerryW

Here are some sights and sounds of Arillas. You need to sniff a glass of ouzo, some thyme or some sun cream for the smells :-)

The video is just a 10 minute extract from one of my hour long videos of a sunset. I know it may seem a bit sad but I set my video camera up on our balcony at the Horizon and just use a whole tape up while it films the sunset. I must have about 10 tapes now :-(.

Youtube restricts uploads to a 10 minute max or a 2Gb max .

So here is Sunset 1 and if you have your sound turned up you will hear the tranquility of an Arillas evening. You can change the video setting to 1080 HD

GaryS

Sights
The Sea
The sunset
My Carolyn

Sounds
The sea
Zorba the Greek (actually in Greece)
The 'glug' as the first Mythos is poured

Smells
The first smell of Ambre Solaire on a holiday
Opening the first bottle of Retsina
Spit Roast Lamb

Gary

Jo Wissett

Diane x

I love to see the Greek children playing, life for them just seems so innocent and the freedom they have reminds me of my childhood in the 60's & 70's

I love the feel/smell as you step off the plane as the heat hits you and of course that first Mythos is a welcome like no other.

I have managed to get Mythos here once or twice but it is just not the same cos of the lack of atmosphere and heat, so I save my Mythos fix for my holidays.