Has anyone bought this book?

Started by TerryW, March 17, 2010, 11:49:24 PM

TerryW

I never thought I would like any daytime TV programs, but there are three I really like. Come Dine With Me, House Guest In The Sun and Coach Trip. I suppose all three contain travel and, or food.

In doing a bit of Googling about the programs I came across this book - The Taste of a Place: Corfu: A Culinary Guide to Greece's Most Beautiful Island.

Has anyone bought it?

You can read samples of the book here - http://www.thetasteofaplace.com/corfu/fridgeesse.pdf

I think it looks really good so I may have to buy it.

justphil

I was give it by Jen for my birthday last December, Terry. (She knows what I like...)

It is a lovely book, and well worth having.

Phil

Eileen

Yes I have it Terry.  I bought it in case any of our guests felt inspired to cook a Greek meal for themselves.  I've not used it...I enjoy eating out too much :-)

My favourite cookery book is Culinaria Greece.  It's a feast for the eyes and worth buying just for the beauty of it.

Eileen.x
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

justphil

Hi Eileen luvver. Will order it tomorrow. Great tip - have never seen it before. Can so see me in the kitchen fighting the ingredients to make it look like that!

Ironically I was just following an email to become a fan of Villa Linakis, only to fnd out I already was. Silly me....

I love eating. Full stop.

love and celtic greetings
Phil

Alan and Jan

Will have to keep an eye open for these two books. We do have a Cypriot cookbook and one from the series My Greek Kitchen.
Where we holiday in Pefkos I have been into the kitchen of our fave taverna several times and Monda (the cook) has shown me how to cook some of her food. Her Mousaka is a delight.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

TerryW

Thanks for the feedback, I ordered "The Taste of a Place: Corfu:" last night from one of the Amazon Sellers, new for £4.99.

The Culinaria Greece looks good as well Eileen so I may have to get that as well.

Sara

Let us know what you think of the book Terry.
We'll all come around to sample the stifado, or kleftiko or stamna or........... I love them all, but baklava to follow please & plenty of retsina :)

Sara
Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

Baldy Barry

Hope I don't burn !

Alan and Jan

Quote from: TerryW on March 18, 2010, 11:33:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I ordered "The Taste of a Place: Corfu:" last night from one of the Amazon Sellers, new for £4.99.

The Culinaria Greece looks good as well Eileen so I may have to get that as well.

Had a look at them myself Terry so may well be following the same route as yourself
Alan and Jan

Eileen

Culinaria Greece is truly a scrumptious book. Once you see it's more than just a recipe book you won't be able to put it down :-)

I had mine out again this morning drooling over the photos!

Eileen.x
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Geoff

Thanks Eileen - I wasn't aware of this book. It must be good if you recommend it, so I've just bought a copy!
:-)
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Alan and Jan

Just bought both of them from Amazon. Really looking forward to having a good read other than my normal crime fiction.
Alan and Jan

justphil

Me too. Now winging its way from Amazon

Phil

Baldy Barry

I had mine out too this morning Eileen !
I appear before the magistrate next month !
Hope I don't burn !

justphil