Cancelled Easyjet flight Corfu to Bristol

Started by Sandy x, February 09, 2010, 09:24:53 PM

Sandy x

My brother has just received an email from EJ saying his flight from Corfu to Bristol on 30 August has had to be cancelled due to unforseen circumstances! They have offered him a choice of a refund or moving to another date....not easily done. Has anyone else had this problem?
Sandy x

coys

Sandy just looked at easyjet site they are still advertising a flight for 30 August from Corfu to Bristol.

Barry.

Dai

I've just received two emails saying my flights from BRS on 24 May and 27 Aug have been cancelled, though I can still book the same flights online albeit at a much higher price. I've not been able to get through to customer services due to a large number of calls, though I have got an automatice response from an email which said they are receiving a large number of emails and therefore it may take a little longer than usual to get a reply. Will keep you informed.

Sandy x

Yes, we saw that the flight is still advertised and my brother can't get a response from the link they have provided to alter it. He will either have to go back the previous Friday (kids have to get to school) or accept the cancellation and rebook from Gatwick - all very inconvenient and of course now more expensive.
Sandy x

cath1066

We have also had an email saying our return flight on 30 August has been cancelled but it is still showing as available to book on the website.  I have emailed them and am waiting a response.

Does anyone have a telephone number for Easyjet?  Can't find one on the site anywhere - unfortunately that is how they keep the cost down, don't have phones!

Sandy x

Thanks Dai. If your flight on 27th August is also cancelled then that does away with the option of my brother and Cath returning then instead of the 30th.....

Cath, there is a phone number somewhere but you will take hours getting through.
Sandy x

Sara

I've just received an email too, cancelling our flight for the 29th March, yet it's still showing as available on their site. I've also logged in to check my details & theres no mention on there about a cancellation - just doesn't make any sense.

Sara
Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

Dai

Off the easyjet site
Contact our customer care centre on +44 871 244 2377.
thought it's 10p per minute and says they are expriencing long delays

Sandy x

Sara....are you flying from Bristol in March? Thought their timetable only started in May?

My brother is flying out on 13 August but no mention of that flight being cancelled....only the return on the 30th. It certainly doesn't make sense. I wonder if Phil and Jen have had an email....
Sandy x

cath1066

Thanks Dai, I'll hold fire until tomorrow  and hope I get a reply to my emails.

My email is the same - they have only cancelled the return flight on Mon 30th, not the outbound on Fri 13th

Sara

Yes, I am Sandy or rather I was!!

Mon, 29th March & returning on Fri 9th April. Just can't understand why theres no message on the confirmation page when you log in to view your flight details.
In my email, only our outbound flight has been cancelled.
www.villatheia-corfu.com

Sandy x

Such a nuisance Sara when they only fly twice a week from Bristol. You could come back (or go!) from Gatwick but then you have the car in the wrong place.

The email seems to imply you can alter the cancelled flight to another "on the same route" but that's not much use if there aren't any.
Sandy x

Sara

Exactly Sandy. My only alternative is to look at flying from Gatwick
www.villatheia-corfu.com

Dai

My emails say all our flights are cancelled but when I log into my easyjet account all flights are still shown as confirmed. Hopefully things will be clarified quickly.

justphil

I'm afraid Sandy luvver we have. Only our outward flight though, which is even more nonsensical. I had missed this thread earlier because I have been busy trying to get to the bottom of it.

I tried to take the "free" transfer and arrive on 9th, even though I'd get grief from work, but the website then only offered me the same Monday 12th flight at an extra £40 each. It looks more and more like EasyJet taking early bookings then trapping you into paying more later. If the law is as they quote, any transfer should be "free." But transfer to the same, so-called cancelled flight?? And extra charges?

We can always find somewhere to stay for a few extra days (NO WAY am I staying for less time) but what it looks like is a big chunk of extra money, whatever we do. My email to them is still being written - I got so angry I thought I'd better get on the forum to calm me down.

quite a few of us have got a lot of hassle and thinking to do. But NOTHING will stop Jen and me going.

Phil