Mosquitos

Started by lew19, January 11, 2010, 11:07:58 PM

justphil

Nan luvver, so are you.

So wish we had been there with you and Lynn and Colin and our MartinW and....

I just wanted to comment on the "what to wear" question. Women can look and be very sexy when covered up. But they certainly don't achieve that when vast arrays of exposed skin are covered in bites and blisters....

QuoteIf you cover up it will save you a lot of AGONY and you can still be sexy and alluring at the end of the evening

and you'll still be in the mood when you get home.....

love from both of us Nan
Phil and Jen

Julie j

Sorry I spoke Phil, you carry on doing all the talking

riggers

oooohhhhh right now i would gladly let them little sods bite me if i was there :)

justphil

julie, I didn't see your post while doing mine. Usually you get a warning but apparently both went through. So it all looks like it wasn't. It looks like I was simply contradicting you, but I hadn't read what you had said. I was being honest - Jen bought one and got six bites within the first hour.

I was hurt by your barbed tone - I know I post a lot and say a lot, but it wasn't worthy of the julie I met in Rainbow to take advantage and stab me. I forgive - it was a misunderstanding. At least I hope so.

Phil

Julie j

Phil have sent you a PM
Julie

justphil

tis all right folks - we've "kissed and made up."

well done julie
Phil

riggers

Sara

Thank you Julie & thank you Phil. I value both of your opinions. What works for some, doesn't for others. I may consider purchasing one. £6 [ish] is a small price to pay IF it works for me & I can have a bite free holiday. There are several makes so I'll do a little research first.

Sara
Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

tonynglenda

Sara, i've always been bitten to buggery with the little b's, but the last twice i think i've cracked it. I wear lavender oil and eucalyptus oil as perfume. The real perfume stays at home. Also take phils jens advice and wear trousers and sleeves in the evening. I also take deet free spray i buy in a camping shop as i'm allergic to deet.As a bonus we always stay at the akti because all the windows and balcony doors have mosquito screens fitted. Hope you find something that works for you. Glenda

riggers

Quote from: tonynglenda on January 31, 2010, 10:54:46 PM
Sara,.As a bonus we always stay at the akti . Glenda
This is also very close to the coconut bar...  :D

tonynglenda

Thats very true riggers. Roll over once and we are there!!!

Sara

Thanks Glenda, I'll have to try the lavender & eucalyptus, even if I do smell like my Gran with a cold. LOL. I have read that the little B's don't like lavender & also peppermint oil.
Another remedy I came across on Google was to spray yourself with [original] Listerine mouthwash!!
We do use screens & air-conditioning at nightime, so I'm not bitten while I sleep, its just when we go out in the evening that I'm attacked.

Sara
www.villatheia-corfu.com

sunflower

Hi Glenda,
I second Saras words. I have very sensitive skin and allergies, so I have to be
careful what I put on. But lavender and eucalyptus oils seems harmless to try. Thanks.
Connie x

Erja

I swear by Jungle Formula but I will most definetly look into this personal mosquito repellant business. Found one with AAA batteries:

http://www.safield.co.uk/portable-sonic-insectmosquito-repeller-keyring-p-776.html?utm_source=froogleUK&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=froogleUK
Life is good ;)

Sara

www.villatheia-corfu.com