Mosquitos

Started by lew19, January 11, 2010, 11:07:58 PM

skelly

skin so soft worked for me last year Janis .
and I didn't have to give up my favourite perfume either .. thank goodness.

Joan xx

justphil

Joan luvver I think you are right. Perfume seems to attract the little b*****s. Men much prefer the natural scent of a woman to all the No 5's, Coty L'Aimants etc. So risk the fire - leave the perfume off and watch him respond! At least if it doesn't happen, you'll have less mosquito bites!

(PS - Jen brings perfume to Arillas to avoid that scenario.... She never wears it though!)

Phil

tonynglenda

Have to inform you all that i never got one bite this time. I'm overjoyed. Whats the secret? No idea but i went armed with all sorts of lotions and potions. Dont know which was responsible so from now on i'm taking the lot.
  I started taking vitamin B100 tablets the week before(holland and barrets). I had deet free mosquito sprays (camping shop and marks and spencer), lavendar oil, lavendar sticks. a lavendar plug in and my antibiotic cream incase a one did get me.

Erja

Heidi and I also managed to avoid any bites in Zante with the help of Jungle Formula. Maybe the mossies in Greece are having crisis too....? ;)
Life is good ;)

tonynglenda

Dont know what it is erja but it makes such a difference to your holiday doesnt it.

Erja

Quote from: tonynglenda on June 14, 2010, 10:30:33 AM
Dont know what it is erja but it makes such a difference to your holiday doesnt it.

It does indeed! My blood type is O- and I am prime target usually to all mossies. But the Jungle Formula Tropical Strenght (all deet) works for me and fingers crossed it still does in August :)
Life is good ;)

GaryS

and of course its only the female mozzies that bite, isn't that typical? :-)

riggers

My 2 weeks holiday is half over (sob sob) and i have 4 mozzie bites. I am using Jungle formula, well i may forgot to pt it on one night.

There are lots about...

riggers.

Ps.
This mythos still tastes good as i am sat in the NUT.

heatherberriman

Awww riggers wish i was sat there with you,i wouldnt care about getting bitten.im sure the mythos will help take your mind of them.enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Mick and Jill

I had no bites this time until I sat at the back of the Cconut.  Glendas cream helped though, going to follow her regime in September

Jill
Jill XXX

Janis

I used Avon skin so soft each time I got out of the shower whilst there in May, and, when I remembered, Jungle Formula before going out. No mozzie bites, BUT got quite a few bites on my right foot (presumably those blasted ants)....  Hate 'em

Janis x

skelly

Thumbs up from me too for Avon's skin so soft dry spray too Janis,
last year I had  just the one bite where I must have missed a spot ..lol.

Joan xx

TerryW

Helen and I have had a lovely day at Gardeners World Live and the Summer Good Food Shows at the NEC in Birmingham.

One of the exhibitors there was this company "Incognito" ( http://www.lessmosquito.com/ ) We had a long chat to them about mosquito bites and they convinced us to try their products - the soap, After sun and the mosquito repellent.

I asked, tongue in cheek if, I could have a refund if I was bit in Arillas and they  gave me their word that they would.  Since getting home I have checked the products out on the internet, and also looked at reviews for the products which seem very positive.

Has anyone heard of, or tried these products? I suppose the proof of the pudding will be to see if we get bitten in September.

On a different note, I tried Crabbie's Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer  served over ice with a slice of lemon and it was delicious. I have never tried it before but it was a lovely refreshing summers drink. Even Helen liked it and she doesn't drink much alcohol.

skelly

Can anyone tell me if the mosquito's are worse at certain times of the year or are the little terrors as bad all through the season.

Joan xx

tracys

Ive armed my self with 4 bottles of skin so soft this time to last me 2 weeks, was bitten alive last year by the little blighters and we only went for a week !