Crown Currency Exchange

Started by Alan and Jan, December 17, 2009, 06:30:30 PM

TerryW

Cath, its worth a gamble to hang on for a few days. The pound has risen today, against the Euro, and it could go higher .... see http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-23/pound-rises-against-dollar-euro-before-report-on-british-economic-growth.html

Crown Currency and bestforeignexchange.com have higher rates today. The  Martin Lewis website is good for a comparison ... http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Here are todays results

Best Foreign Exchange look OK see reviews here ...  http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-246475.html

cath1066

Thanks Terry, I'll look again next week

TerryW

I had an email from Travelex today with this link

http://email.travelex.com/IN/IqsEOQaptkBVEh3QtQudbYWSrrDQ5rxTe7QxKK-j34F/WebView.aspx

I'm not sure how they can have a sale on currency but it will be worth a look.

This is a screen print ...

TerryW

What a con!!!!

Nothing changed, the rates were the same as they were before the supposedly "Sale".

Rate was 1.17 against 1.18 at  Best Foreign Exchange.

I don't think I will use Travelex again if they can pull a stunt like that.

TerryW

The pound has slowly risen this week against the euro and has just gone over 1.20 on the exchange market.

Crown Currency are offering the following

10-20 Days     09/08/10     17/08/10     1.1894
21-30 Days    18/08/10    27/08/10    1.1906
31-50 Days    30/08/10    16/09/10    1.1925
51-365 Days    17/09/10    11/10/10    1.1945

TerryW

The Pound has had a good increase against the Euro so far today.

Here are the latest Crown Currency Rates

Today's Euro Exchange Rates:
For Delivery In    From    Until    Exchange Rate
10-20 Days    12/08/10    20/08/10    1.2010
21-30 Days    23/08/10    01/09/10    1.2040
31-50 Days    02/09/10    21/09/10    1.2102
51-365 Days    22/09/10    15/10/10    1.2130
Last Updated: 2nd August 2010, 1:46PM

TONYNEW

Just a note on Crown Currency for anyone worried about using them i ordered online on the 28th of June and payed by bankers draft (You can also pay by cheque but not by credit or debit card)
The rate was­1.2236 Euro to the Pound, we received an email explaining how to pay the same evening and the date for the delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery, on the date stated  the money arrived at 9.30 am in the morning although it said to arrive before 2pm on the particular date
I must admit i was a tad sceptical about it but wont hesitate in future to use them

Tony

BeckyB

That's really good to know, I've looked at them in the past with the same slightly sceptical head but I would more than likely use them now that you've shared this Tony :-)
BeckyB :-)

M n M

I have used them several times and never had a problem, I will use them again next year.

Sandy x

I used them and had no problem...the money arrived on the appointed day and time.
Sandy x

Jo Wissett

Crown have just offered me 1.1969 over the phone and sent an email to confirm.  I rang Thomas Cook and they will go up to 1.18 summit but i am just waiting to see if rate changes for today. dilly dallying as usual!

BeckyB

It's hard though Jo isn't it?
I was like that earlier in the year when we went to Rhodes. In the end I didn't get a brilliant rate & Christian (who bought his with less than 24 hours to spare) fared much better - I guess I should have had the courage to stick it out a bit longer :-)

Jo Wissett

Well I plumped for 1.185 with Thomas Cook in the end. With Crown I would have got around 28 euro's more in total but figured it was worth that for the stress of waiting for it to arrive!! I have now got my travel insurance, checked my E111 are still in date, got my hol spends and just waiting for the off!!

Jo Wissett

Just thought I'd mention, after getting my currency from Thomas Cook, I received an email today saying thanks and enclosing a £100 voucher for any holiday booked for next year (as long as you book before Feb 2011).  May be a really good offer for couples and as they also use Easyjet there may be a saving to be had there for us?

cath1066

Just used BestForeignExchange.com for the first time.  Was a bit anxious paying all our hard earned money over to their bank account with only an email to confirm but the Euros turned up today just as they promised by special delivery and we got a rate of 1.19 Euros.  I'll definitely use them again.