Arillas 2009

Started by justphil, October 29, 2009, 07:06:54 PM

justphil

As we get to the end of the holiday season, I expect many of us are reflecting on what Arillas meant to us in 2009. There were so many events. Some were sad, some were happy. It was a quiet year for our business owners. I know that because Dimitris had room in his taverna (and in his heart) to welcome us in July, even though we left it very late to book.

What did Arillas mean to you this year?

To philandjen, it gave us two very happy weeks actually there. Within twenty minutes I had been bitten by cookie, on the palm of my hand. Blood everywhere, apologies all round, and it still hurts today. But did that put me off? er no.... With blood on my T-shirt and a tissue wrapped round the wound, we headed for the Nut. Empty at 1pm, a stranger served us. She is a lovely Eastern European girl and she served my second pint of Mythos. Forgotten her name, but she was so charming.

Then we fell upon Thalassa - it was our plan, and renewed our friendship with Spiros and Stathis (Steffy to us.) "Phil with no beer??" Spiros was his usual ginger self. We justlove Thalassa, and the Goudelis family. Spiros' mum needs a Michelin Star for her modern take on Greek food. Inspired. We had only been in Arillas for an hour or so by then.

Off to Horizon after a hello to Ina, we met TerryW and Helen. Smothered in blood, high on being home at last (but not drunk) justphil disarmed them all. Helen was basking in the sun by the pool, Terry was chatting to everyone (or chatting up the birds - take your pick!!) Had a lovely chat with him then another with Helen and her friend. Yes dears, we remember....

Back to Brouklis to pretend to unpack. Jen is better than me in that department. Dinner with JohnTheRef and Dot was next. What a fabulous evening that was. Ended in the Nut, and my memory is a bit sketchy after that. Doubtless the Ref will raise the red card and remind me...

Well that was one day of 2009.

What did it mean to you?

Phil

JohnTheRef&Dot

QuoteDoubtless the Ref will raise the red card and remind me...

Phil
I could not divulge that Information on the forum.

Arillas 2009 (July)
For me it was a July enjoyed with good company, fun days and evenings in a place where you know you are safe and free from all the stress of the world.

Arillas 2009 (October)
October in Arillas with my Sister, A holiday I enjoyed to the full, this was the first time we had been on the same holday for more than 30 years. It was so nice to be on holiday with her

Jo Wissett

This was most definitely our most special year in Arillas. Showing my husband how much I still loved him by marrying him again, and doing it in our spiritual home.

sunflower

Hi Jo,
Oh, how sweet!! Wishing you many, many happy years.
Love Connie x

vivian

May 2009
Our most special year also. Just to be there with Pete is my idea of Heaven but to actully have that wonderful day there with us declaring our love for each other (as we do everyday to each other) but in front of all our wonderful friends and for us all to spend such a special time together was my dream. I had worked on it for about a year then it turned pear shaped.
Three weeks before we were due to travel I had an e=mail out of the blue from Peter Jorden (never heard of him and almost deleted it) Thank Goddness I didn't , He was the locum vicar in Corfu and had found an old letter from me to the church. With a load of help from our darling friends Dimitris & Litsa everything was arranged and it all went as if it had been panned down to the last letter.
October 2009
I can honestly say that we have never seen weather like it. Storms lightning and thunder most of the time, about 18hrs of warm sunshine, but did it matter? not a all.
As you know Pete and I love our beach holidays and managed to get on a patch of sand for about 2 hrs while in Arillas the rest of the time it was a case of relaxing eating drinking and talking with friends, nothing to beat that in the world. Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude