I'm glad I wasn't on this flight

Started by TerryW, October 26, 2009, 06:07:12 PM

sueandmikeakablondegirl

One year we had a delayed landing due to lack of fuel.... we had to go to Brindisi for a top up and then go back and try to land at Corfu... It was raining in Brindisi and we hoped it wasnt raining in Corfu.. fortunately it wasnt when we landed, but we were so pleased to land safely.. I was having visions of us dropping into the sea because we had run out of "petrol" and Corfu airstrip is always a bit dodgy to land anyway.

justphil

Amazing memories BG. Guess we've all got some. Hope you get back to Arillas (without terrifying flights!) one day soon.

Phil

sueandmikeakablondegirl

Hi Phil...  we would love to go back to Arillas, we have such fond memories there.. Cant see that happening as yet, we have just moved, I had a hospital scare and Mike is still hobbling along with his bad foot... I check in here now and again to get my "fix" to keep the memlories alive!  Love to all xx

Cornerhouse

We flew back into Liverpool from Lanzarote 3 weeks ago.  Nice smooth flight with Ryanair.  We were feet away from landing when the engines gave a huge surge and the plane gained height again.  We did a leisurly sight-seeing circle over Liverpool and came in to land again 10 mins later.  I looked for the building I had last seen when the surge happened and it was 20 yards from the runway hedges.  The pilot said he had seen "traffic on the runway".  Oh how we laughed. :-S