Palmair from Bournemouth

Started by Sandy x, October 22, 2009, 08:17:27 PM

Sandy x

I waited until today for the summer schedule to come out for 2010 as the flights from Bournemouth are better times than Easyjet from Gatwick and I thought this would be easier for my dad in May. They've been advertising on local TV, admittedly at the end of this season, fares of about £60 each way.

So I am very disappointed that the fares for next May are about £350 return. We've probably missed the cheap EJ by now.....so not sure what to do. I was prepared to go to £200 for convenience, but this is about 3 times what we would have to pay on EJ.

Just like Cardiff I guess Martin w?
Sandy x

kevin.g

sandy
im sure it will still be cheaper with e/j...........yammas and happy shopping..x

Sandy x

Yes, it will be cheaper with EJ but easier for us to get to Bournemouth and being up all night is a bit daunting for my dad at his age.....
Sandy x

justphil

I so understand Sandy. 6am takeoff means being up all night like we did in July. It was hard on Jen and me, let alone dad. But I went and looked at EJ website after reading your post and for the moment the prices still seem good, especially if you can pick the cheapest days to fly. There were some possibilities of £120 return next May.

Jen and me have to wait for the schedules after end of June though - we won't be able to go until July next year.

Fingers crossed for you...

BTW - your weekend sounds fun. Can we come? dib dib dib, dob dob dob!!!

love
Phil and Jen

Sandy x

You're quite right phil. We could go for £117 each from Gatwick as opposed to £347 from Bournemouth. For me on my own there is no question....Gatwick.....I catch the 1.30am coach from Southampton for £30 return and get to Gatwick at 4am for check in. No problem....anyway, plenty of time over the weekend for my dad and I to decide. But to be sure.....we are both determibned we will be there......and we WILL somehow in May. I'll let you know what we decide......
Sandy x

justphil

riggers

Quote from: Sandy x on October 23, 2009, 01:24:53 AM
But to be sure.....we are both determibned we will be there......and we WILL somehow in May. I'll let you know what we decide......

I am sure you will Sandy....Let someone try stopping you...:)

riggers..

Mick and Jill

Our flight in September was a 5.30am take off.  Had to get up about 1.30 and this was hard on mam so know what you mean Sandy, took her a day to get herself put right once we were in Arillas

Jill
Jill XXX

Castaway

First Choice/Thomsons are flying from Bournemouth in 2010 on a Monday. Its a night flight unfortunately but may be better than the drive to London, their prices which are normally higher than average are good at the moment for May; apparently promoting a new route.
Regards Sue Tsirigoti
Castaway Travel
Acharavi
Corfu
www.corfucastaway.com

Sandy x

Thanks Sue - I'll look into that. My dad is ok at staying up late but not good at getting going in the morning!
Sandy x

Glenny

Sandy x

Just looked at it and going out the flight is 2240, which he would be ok with but coming back it leaves Corfu at 4am. That means either staying up to leave Arillas about 1am or going to bed early and having to wake up. No problem for me but not so easy when you are 92! We could do EJ from Gatwick and book into a hotel, but even doing that you still have to be at the airport for 4am to check in.

Decision still not been made.....
Sandy x

justphil

Sandy luvver, you can check in at 10pm the night before at Gatwick. We did it in July. Then you could head off to a hotel room, and get there at 5am ish. Hope it helps

love
Phil

Eileen

Quote from: justphil on November 01, 2009, 06:23:54 PM
Sandy luvver, you can check in at 10pm the night before at Gatwick.love
Phil

Oh yep Sandy...I forgot to mention that in my email...Ashpash and I did the same as Phil in April.  It's very convenient, no check-in queues to worry about in the morning.

Eileenxxxxxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Sandy x

Thanks guys....hadn't thought of that. My dad was more or less saying today let's go EJ.....ever thrifty as he is!! At least he wouldn't have to stand in that queue at 4am if we checked in the night before.....
Sandy x