what do people think of easyjet

Started by sue, July 11, 2009, 09:54:51 PM

Martin_G

Hi Everyone,

I have the pleasure of flying to France from the UK regularly and often use easyJet. I find the customer service ok, and no different to any other airline really.

I do like that you find your seat on the plane, and from my many many travels with easyJet some tips (sorry off topic a little):

- always book speedy boarding! especially if your over 6 feet tall and want extra leg room seats (they only allow 20 places in speedy boarding per flight so book early)
- adopt European concepts of queuing, in other words (us first!) consider it a mission to be in the first 3 on the plane!
- when you get on the plane, most of the extra leg room seat are over the wings, head for the centre of the plane, everybody else will be scrambling for the front seats which are obvious
- the stewards will stand by extra leg room seats in the centre of the plane, they have a preferred place to stand which blocks of a row of extra leg room seats, sit in this row. If there are two of you and the plane is less than 90% full, chances are no body will ask him/her to move taking the 3rd seat (I assume you are party of two here) once the doors are closed this then means elbow room and space to spread out into that third seat! If the steward moves away, talk to him/her for a short time, this will bring your them back.
- If your sat in the wing exit row the steward will ask if your able bodied - you are!
- if you want to eat, take your food with you, most flights are stocked only once per day, if you fly in the evening, chances are they are sold out before they get to you and you will go hungry.
- Dont expect any hot food other than drinks/soup
- Dont think of easyJet as a budget airline, its not! once all the extras are added on its quite expensive and in some cases more expensive than other 'none budget' airlines

Check out this web site for all airlines, this points you to the best seats onboard and facilities locations, useful for any flight..

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/easyJet_Airlines/easyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A319.php

Martin

Jo Wissett

Hi Casper

Welcome to the forum and great tips thanks!

Martin_G

Hi Joe and everyone!

Your welcome with the tips.... I am with easyJet on Tuesday flying to Basel pitty its not a bit further south to Arillas!

Martin

blondegirl

Really good info.  we have never had any problems with EJ...the seats are bigger than some other airlines too..

Mum in law flies up to Inverness in a couple of weeks time on her own, she is 80... we booked Speedy Booking seats for her, assistance to and from the plane, insurance and all for £61 return... no luggage though as that will be there before she gets there via road.  We know she will be well looked after, there will be trouble if she isnt!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

kevandelke

Hi Sue,

Have you been with easy jet yet?
If not , we are flying  to corfu with them next week, and we let you know then.

Will text your mob..

T/c 
Lv Elke & Kev

Sandy x

Have just returned from using Easyjet again to Corfu and as previously, no problems. In fact we were early with both flights. Thanks Smiffy for the text saying you were on time by the way - did try to look out for you this morning but we were boarding almost before your luggage was off!

I took hand luggage only and checked in online in advance - so nobody ever saw what I was planning to take!! The only stipulation is that you have to be able to lift your bag into the overhead locker. I'll definitiely do that again next time.
Sandy x

gaye

had the best flights ever with easyjet this August. Really quick check in at manchester and Corfu, friendly staff and an amazing stand up comedian of a pilot on the outbound flight....stood at the front of the plane in full view of us all to introduce himself and really put us at our ease! Service was great and there were no delays. After a delay of 36 hours and very poor service overall from Air Malta last year this was bliss!
gaygo

Erja

I had the comedian head stewart called Colin on the way back from Corfu. He was ever so funny and took my mind off momentarily of the pain of leaving.

Easyjet was all good with me both ways and will most definetly fly with them again :)
Life is good ;)

blondegirl

mum in law is flying withn EJ to inverness tomorrow... she has got speedy boarding and assistance too... as she is 80 and will be on her own we hope they do what it "says on the tin" and look after her.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

charlietoosey

I am a staunch flyer with Ryanair to France but expect to use EJ for the first time on my next trip to Arillas. Can anyone say how the prices may change over the coming months, say up to May 2010? At the moment they are around £150 return.

Glenny

Hi Charlie, me again!
I'm no expert but it's best to book as far in advance as possible as the price increases the closer you get to the flight date.
Personally I much prefer EJ to Ryanair.

charlietoosey

Hello again Glenny

Hope we don't start too many tongues wagging...

This will be the first time I am heading for a destination serviced by EJ (my last  Arillas visit was packaged)

Ryanair have these "bllodbaths" for some destinations prices, and so can be relied upon for a deal in the sort of time left before my departure...

We'll see

C

Fiona

Used EJ four times (to and from Corfu) in the last couple of months and have absolutely no complaints.  All the planes have been new(ish), clean, plenty of leg room (even for 6'3"), topped up with food and 3 out of 4 arrived at the destination EARLY!!

In addition, flights are easy to change into different names, dates or destinations.  The first two flights I did not have speedy boarding, but I was flying on my own for the second two and added it on just before the trip - well worth the extra payment.

When flying from Gatwick on my second trip, the flight was at 05.55 and I arrived at the airport at 01.00 (due to having to catch the last train).  I was able to check in and "lose" my case immediately and managed to find one of the rare seats to sit until security opened at 02.00.

Out of all my flights to Corfu, I can honestly say that the EJ ones were the best - long may they continue!!
Fiona

justphil

Fiona luvver - Jen and me did exactly the same in July. Related to every word. But what did you think of Arillas this time?

Phil

Fiona

Hi Phil & Jen - to reply to your question about Arillas (sorry, off topic), of course it was wonderful.  Very few changes, incredibly welcoming and friendly, extraordinarily beautiful, peaceful, truly gastronomic (is that a word?), delightfully temperate and it continues to be our piece of heaven.  It's certain to say that we'll be back!
Fiona