RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A GOOD HOTEL NR TO BEACH PLEASE

Started by MugreesMum, June 05, 2009, 09:52:12 PM

justphil

It's now 8.23 am here and that shovel seems to have hit me over the head again... sorry folks the "talking beer" seems to have won again. Am I really like this, or just an Arillas Addict....

GaryS

Bathrooms in Greece tend to be your basic item, as long as they are clean smelling and safe its okay :-) The Akti bathrooms are however very clean bright and spacious and even have mozzi screens over the windows as do the bedroom.

MugreesMum

Hi y'all

Well, I think i'm finally making some headway with this now!! There are just so many nice places to choose from in Arillas its tough...and then unfortunatly some really nice places dont have cooking facilities which is a shame as they all look so so nice..

Anyways -  aswell as having the Thetis and Kaloudis on my shortlist I am wondering if anyone has stayed at the Mathraki recently, and if it isnt too far from beach for my little girl...seems to get excellent reviews everywhere,,...?

Cheers everyone x

justphil

Mathraki is just a bit up the hill, but not too far. It is another fabulous place to stay, and some like Eileen swear it is the best. Your grandchild would love it. And so would you. Thetis is just down the backtrack behind it. Look at the map....

Good luck
Phil

MugreesMum

Oh Phil Phil...Dear oh dear ..you have put years on me and made me a grandmother!! Its actually my little girl I keep referring to, she's only 22 months so I'll hang fire on her having babies of her own...LOL...hee hee..(tho after a heavy nite on the town & too many smokes i probably look a wizened old granny!!)

Yes the Mathraki looks wonderful, am just waiting for them to get back to me...well in for a penny in for a pound so i may aswell ask you about another one I've seen  - the Marinaki Apartments - the owner has v kindly just replied to me and seems v reasonable...so Phil, I am certain that know of this too, have been there too eat, drink etc as you seem to be a walking encyclopedia (prob spelt wrg) on all things Arillas....!!!

x Miriam

JennyD

Hi

We have just returned from Arillas after staying at the Akti and when we were there the Mathraki apartments were all shut up and the pool was drained and there was no sign of life. The maranaki apartments are in a wonderful location right on the front and are owned by Dida. They are very popular and would be wonderful for a family with young children.

Jenny
Jenny

MugreesMum

Hi Jenny

Thanks for that info..Yes the Marinaki looks lovely on all the websites .....I take it you had a good holiday? We'd love to stay at the Akti but its just the fact that they don't have cooking facilites that means we can't...because I have to cook for my little one.(!)

Cheers Jenny x

annie

Hi
i have got the email address for the other side of the Kaloudis - Roula who also takes bookings direct. I will look it out for you and post it in the morning. However i think Thomson are quite cheap to book this accommodation and when pricing it in the past i could not beat the Thomson price as i could not be flexible for my flight. My Mum has booked the Marina Hotel direct and has found it lovely. Vasilas will normally email within 24 hours. It is oposite the beach.Good luck hope you find what you want
Annie

blondegirl

Martin said it all really about the Bardis Sun Hotel with all the information, we stayed there last year and it was lovely although there are no cooking facilities only a fridge and kettle. a tv too which is unusual.  The Bardis Sun Studios run by Poppy and Spiros are next door  and  have a kitchen... not sure about a family room though but they are very good, clean and very close to the beach.. 2 min walk!  We would definately book to stay at either of these again..
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

coys

Have you looked at Annas appartments just around the corner from the Mathraki my daughter and grandchildren stayed there last year and had a good time. They are big appartments with good kitchen facilities and have a nice pool.

Barry.

Eggy

Mathraki is up and running as from today. We kn ow some folk who are staying there.

Negg

Jo Wissett

We stay at the marinaki and would not stay anywhere else.  I would request a ground floor room with having the toddler if mine were anything to go by at that age!

june

I don't think you'll get in at Kaloudis, although they're the biggest in Arilas they've been booked for months but the Marinaki apartments just below Kaloudis are in a lovely spot. Very quiet when you've got a little one and Kaloudis supermarket is just up the slope. They've got a nice pool which is also normally very quiet or you could use the Kaloudis pool for a change. Also just down about ten steps to the beach. Lovely.
Only thing is I don't know if they are still available. If we couldn't get into Kaloudis we'd have no hesitation in staying there.

June

MugreesMum

Hi June

Thanks so much for that - as you say I think the Kaloudios are all booked up as I sent them an email a good few days and no reply as yet, so I am assuming they are full.  Yes, the Marinaki is one I've looked into aswell, and luckily they do have availaibility which is brilliant....Am just going to go onto the website and have another look but as you say it seems ideal...I'll get there in the end !!

Cheers again June :)

annie

Hi
Found the other Email address for Kaloudis. This is for Roula and Christos who run the supermarket side of Kaloudis     vkaloudis@yahoo.com

Annie