After the Rain

Started by Geoff, June 05, 2009, 11:41:19 AM

Geoff

After the Rain

http://www.arillas.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=175

A slightly different view of Corfu in early May - from Dafni towards the North Coast after a brief downpour onto the warm ground which creates the mist.
Unfortunately, downsizing of the photo to fit the board criteria has lost some of the atmosphere of the photo.
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Eileen

What a wonderful and atmospheric photo Geoff. 

Is that someone sending you smoke signals from the seafront?!!!

Eileenxxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Sara

Love the photo Geoff.
Did anyone else see the lightning on Tuesday [2nd] night.  It was fantastic to watch. The whole of the sky lit up about every 10 seconds - no thunder.  I tried to photograph it, but was unable to. A few hours later it got quite windy too. I have to admit I was a bit nervous about flying home the next morning, especially after what had been the headline news the previous day.

Sara
Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

Geoff

It's not smoke signals Eileen - it's several of the lads off this site (who shall remain nameless!) round the back of the local taverna having a crafty fag!
Sara, you need a good old fashioned camera with an open shutter to catch lightning - you'll never do it on a fully automatic compact digital - unless of course you use your psychic powers, then you can click the shutter just before the flash and catch it that way! lol :-)
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

blondegirl

i love that photo too... reminds me of last September with the rain and lightening we had, then the sun burns off the mist and its all nice and sunny again...it does look like forest fires though doesnt it?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.