Mary's anticipated May hols

Started by MaryH, March 12, 2009, 02:09:16 AM

Linked Events

MaryH

Hi Lynn
I think I  had heard Dennis was a bit of a charachter so should be an entertaining journey from the airport to Arillas  and  come to think of it it's probably best if he shares my taxi if he doesn't mind waiting half an hour so I will be prepared to be entertained!!

Take Care
Mary

blondegirl

It was lovely to meet Dennis again last year.   He helps out a bit on the boats from San Stef doesnt he, he loves the sea and going to the islands.  He is often seen poodling around on his moped during his stay.  Cant believe its come around again when he is there again.  He is a very friendly chappy!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

MaryH

I bet I'll have seen him about as he sounds like one of Arilla's familar faces. Espcially if he is a very friendly sort.

Take Care
Mary

justphil

Ah Mary, you've done it at last. Flirt with the men. Chat with the women. Start to get it all back. You know what I mean. Rooting for you luvver. Go for it!

love
Phil

martin-w

Hi Mary,
Dennis is a great character, I call him 'Captain Birdseye' cos of his white hair and beard. He is a retired merchant seaman and mans the Ag. Stef ferry to the three islands off the coast whilst he is there as relief captain. He usually travels back and fro on a scooter he hires for the duration of his holls. He is a good friend of mine and has a unique sense of humour! He is part of the May crowd but returns to Arillas in September usually for a month.
Yammas,
Martin.

MaryH

Hi Martin
He sounds like a charachter, Captain Birds eye I'll be thinking of him as that from now on and I bet never boring. What a good way to enjoy Arillas and San Stefanos, good for him still continuing his love of boats.

Thanks Phil for your support. I'm just hoping it'll give me my confidence back and I hope that I can have a conversation in Greek, that's one of my goals. I've even booked myself in for overtime at work, something I never do.

Take care
Mary

Nan

Hey Mary guess what! 

I've won the lottery so I might have to come with you afterall!  Admittedly it is only a tenner but that's not the point is it?  I  DID say if I had the lucky ticket I would come!!  7 17 49  were as lucky as it gets.

If only I could get a flight that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Easyjet have nothing available for those dates believe me I have checked. 

Best solutions to this problem on a postcard please or better still post here!

How to make a £10 lottery win get me to Arillas in May with MaryH, MartinW and Captain Birdseye?

Cheers Nan x

vivian

Come on Nan how about putting a tenner on the euro lottery you may just end up with enough to get there and treat all of us to a house, see you there as we arrive on 8th  half hour before Martin and are sharing a taxi with him. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

justphil

Hi Nan. What a great idea. Turn a lottery tenner into a trip home. No more arms and legs, just spit roast lamb in Brouklis. Count me in...

Last year we thought we would be there from April until ??? now it's two weeks unless the numbers do it for us! Sadly last night we scored.... zilch. Oh well. two weeks is better than nothing...

Phil

MaryH

Hi Nan,
If only there was a flight for a tenner, but you never know, never say never and of course there's always this weeks lottery and the Euro lottery. Looking forward to meeting you in May, see I'm optimistic.

Take care
Love
Mary

MaryH

Just returned from Corfu at 8.00 this morning - should have been much ealier - holiday report to follow , Arillas fantastic - as for Thomas Cook flights - Their new motto should be Don't Thomas Cook Book it - cause they overbook it! I was supposed to be flying back to my nearest airport Newcastle - instead because of the Thomas Cook cock up - flew to Manchester - over 100 miles away from my home and the said company  had to pay £200 for a taxi to get me home!!

vivian

At least you got it paid up frount. I know of some body that had to pay it then claim it back. They were with a different company. Looking forward to hearing from you. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

sharonF

Cant wait for the report Mary, hope theres lots of photos as well. 

Sharon xxxx

martin-w

Hi Mary!
Glad to hear you got back safely (eventually). As Viv said at least you got them to pay 'up front'. I think a great two weeks had by all, trouble is it goes too quickly! My first day on this forum since I got back. Been catching up with the family, shopping and doing the washing!
Yammas,
Martin.

sharonF

Welcome back Martin, cant wait to read your report and see your photos!

Sharon x