uploading pictures

Started by martin-w, December 01, 2008, 01:35:03 PM

martin-w

Hi its me again!
I am getting a bit frustrated on the subject of placing photos on the topics on the various postings.
I have an Apple Mac G4 working with OSX. I can select a picture from iphoto, 'doctor' it to reduce it to a suitable size for placing it on the 'topic' by shifting the image to email and then to 'desktop' and then importing it to the topic using the 'browser' box below the message area in the reply field. The trouble is that the 'browser' box doesnt apear on all 'reply' fields. Am I just missing something? This 'reply' had a bowser/attach box and was easy to post my photos!
Help!
Martin.

dimitris

Hello Martin and every one else !!!

I must apologize that I have been keeping away from the forum for a whole month  .
every November in Arillas  is always a funny month. it is when the season has finished and you realize that you have been working  7 days a week for 6 and a half Months you are home with your family but you still can't  believe that you don;t need to rush down to your taverna in the evening.

Martin This kind of upload function is normally disabled on our forum it seems that I have forgot to disable it from the board "Website technical problems & questions".

Mean while I have been doing some work on the forum  and on the website to improve the security and safety of the site. I have also installed a new picture Gallery   where all forum users can upload their pictures, from there the gallery generates the links in order to place them on your posts, you can rate them or even comment any picture.

Please have a look and let me know about your opinion on the way it works and also  suggest any other type of photo category  that you wish that I should add.
It will be wise to use from now this way to upload your pictures as the website will not be  depended on third party complicated free services that we never know how long they will exist. it that way the pictures are remaining in the website's database  for ever.( I must say you all have been posting some excellent pieces of photographic  Art in our forum).

The only negative about the gallery is that it will be consuming much more bandwidth  but you may leave this problem for me to solve it.

Have fun!!

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
Learn About what the Locals want you to know while in Arillas

Lindypops

Thanks for the information Dimitris. Best wishes to you all.
Lindypops.

Erja

Hello Dimitri,

I just slapped a test picture in the gallery and looks straight forward to me :)
Life is good ;)

martin-w

Thanks Dimitris,
You deserve some time to yourself after a busy season and running this website for us. Hope you are all well and rested!
Thanks for the information. It's good to know I wasn't going wrong my end! I presume that sites like 'Imageshack' will now be dropped?
I will use the gallery from now on!
I have booked my flight for May 2009 ariving on 8th. for two weeks so will see you then!
All the best,
Martin.