Ticker factory

Started by Melissa, November 18, 2008, 04:07:27 PM

Melissa

How do I get my countdown ticker thing onto my profile so it shows up under my posts? Ive copied and pasted the code thing it gave me and put it on where it says 'type in the URL' But nothings happened?

BeckyB

I'm not great at these things Melissa - in fact I'm fairly rubbish when it comes to these sorts of things, but I seem to remember a similar thing happening to me when I tried to load mine.
I think I logged out & after I logged in again it seemed to work.
Failing that, you could always ask Terry - he's a bit of a genius when it comes to these sorts of things.
Really hope you get sorted soon.
BeckyB :-)

Nan

to get yourself a Ticker...  Click once on our Ticker and the Ticker Factory Website will open up.  Select a Type of ticker eg Vacation and Travel.  This opens a selection of Tickers.  Pick the one you want and click the next button.  Select your Ticker Slider and click next again.

Fill in the date of the even and put an Event Title in.  Set today's date and time and click next again. You can chose a size if you wish etc but COPY the code shown in the bbCode window – make sure you get it all !

Go back to the Arillas website and click on Profile Tab, then click on Profile Forum Information.  Go down the page to the Signature box – probably where you have "Gaye" in at the moment.  Paste all the code in underneath you name then go to the bottom of the page and click on the Change Profile button.  You can then close the window with all the Ticker stuff in and send a message that should have a ticker in....
Have a go with this me dear xx

Sandy x

I am really impressed Nan!
Sandy x

justphil

Wow, Sandy. We love the new forum pic. nan's step by step is spot on. Well done you too nan! All we need is Melissas's ticker and were done!

Phil

Sandy x

All I need Phil is a date from Easyjet!!!!
Sandy x

justphil

Only a little while now till they are out. Would be our best Christmas present ever to know our flights are sorted for next year...

Hope you are well. You really look it in your pic!
love
Phil

Melissa

Yay I did it lol Im so proud of myself thanks for all of your help and thanks Nan xxx

ger

i followed your instructions nan, dead pleased with myself cause i did it all, then get back to my profile pic and all i've got is a big red cross!!! help, what have i done?!
ger x

Nan

Oh deary deary me!  Try it all again and see what happens should work for you as others have done it after  following the destuctions!

Just wondering if you got all the code in and pasted it all? Also click change profile button at the end or it won't work. Don't give up let me know what happens usually I am the kiss of death to anything technical.

Nil desperandum carry on

Cheers Nan xx

martin-w

Hi Nan,
Followed your info on getting the ticker factory up and running, but nothing has happened.
Will keep trying!
Martin.

Erja

I can see your ticker Martin but ger's one is still a red cross ;(
Life is good ;)

martin-w

Hi all!
Gave up and went for a break after juggling and re doing the 'Ticker' copy and pasting several times. After shutting down my Apple Mac G4 it appeared like magic when I next logged on!
Nan. Your instructions do work, I think it takes time to arrive! Thanks.
Erja. Thanks for confirming. I thought it was a mirage. I have now arrived.
Yammas,
Martin.

ger

i still can't get the thing to come on mine!! i normally do all this at work when i'm sat at my desk we have loads of security so maybe thats why? i will have to try at home
ger x

Nan

LOL sounds like a soap opera all cliff hangers and Bianca shouting Rickyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Hope you have some luck soon Ger !!  Try again and keep fingers crossed, vital to do this (I forgot to mention)

Glad it works for you Martin I am sure it's the computer saying "NO" half the time !!

Cheers Nan xxx