JUST GOT BACK FROM ARILLAS BAY!!!

Started by Joanne, August 05, 2008, 10:54:15 PM

ger

so glad everything went well for you, good to hear positive reports back about the arillas bay!
ger x

Paul C

Very pleased that you had a good holiday Joanne and well done for your report on the Arillas Bay.
Like Terry we don't know the A.B. well but have read the previous reports. It is so good that you have been able to redress the balance somewhat and put prospective clients minds at rest.
Paul

meryl

Joanne,
I'm so glad that you had a good time at the Arillas Bay, just as we did last month.
We found it no different to any other Greek self catering holiday that we've had.
That's why we choose to go to Greece for our holidays, the little quirky things that are completely different to what we experience at home!
The sloping dressing table, the large kitchen with 300 empty cupboards! lumpy beds are some of the things we find amusing, and not something to compain about.

We knew what to expect with regards to sheets and towels being changed, as it does state in the back of the brochure they are changed weekly. We could not fault the lady that did the cleaning as she came in every day to clean.

We thought that Yianni was a fantastic bloke and very professional despite his family worries. He would always have a laugh with us.
We would like to wish him all the best at this difficult time.

We would have no hesitation in returning the the Arillas Bay.
Your holiday is what you make it.
Some people want the moon on a stick, but we're just happy with the stick!

Meryl and Paul

GaryS

As the originator of the beware report I am really glad that the AB has pulled things around and the summer holidays for many will now be stress free. I understand that there have been family problems, who does not have them, even on their scale, but a business is a business if you cant deliver expect your customers to be unhappy. Why should guests arriving in June have less of a holiday than those in July & August?

As for your comment Meryl, "some people wanting the moon on a stick" No, not really. Ive been to Greece many times in similar places. I just got a tad upset when some moron from Albania tried to repeatedly break into our apartment. Luckily for us it was Greece and not Antigua. Please do not brush this under the carpet as a rant from someone who could not put up with a leaky tap. These issues were only raised after the attempted break ins and the owners head in the sand attitude to our and others situation.

I really am glad its all come good, but please do not dismiss our and others comments from 30 June - 14 July.

Nan

GazCaz
I totally agree with your last post. I know how unnerving it can be when you feel threatened as you obviously did by your experience. Attempted break ins can not be put into the same category as "quirky things".  I am looking forward to my holiday in Arillas but will be more aware of the important issues like security. I am sure we will  meet some really friendly people whilst we are there.

As for Antigua I feel so sorry that two people lost their lives so tragically when there were security issues that had previously been ignored.  Thank you for your contributions and valid concerns we deserve to be told the good and the bad
Cheers Nan x

GaryS

Thanks for that Nan, I was simply going to add a Well done AB for pulling it round, but that comment about the moon on a stick got to me. Im sure you and many many more will have a wonderful time there this year and to be honest Im looking forward to returning as soon as possible. Personally my bridges are burnt regarding the AB, no matter how it improves, but thats human nature...Once bitten and all. But that should not stop others going. Big thing though, if you have a good time and want to heap special praise on someone or thing do so. If however you have something bad to say, which can be supported by others if its a serious comment, then the forum has a duty to publish those comments too.

meryl

Dear Gazcaz,

My comments were not in any way meant to be flippant regarding your situation. On a previous post of mine I did state that what happened to you must have been very frightening. I would have been terrified If it would have been me.
None of my comments were directed to you. I'm sorry if you believe that they were.
I was implying in general that you can't please everybody all of the time. Everybody has different expectations.

Also, Nan, I was not implying that a break in was in the same cattegory, as obviously it's not.
You were right GazCaz to publish your original post, because after all people have a right to know these things, just as people have a right to know the good bits also.

Meryl

Nan

Thanks Meryl for your reply. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday and found the situation improved. The safety issues have hopefully been resolved now and that leaves everyone free to relax and have a good time. I am looking forward to my holidays and will hopefully post  when I get back.

Cheers Nan x