Thanks to Dimitris

Started by justphil, June 12, 2008, 03:44:31 AM

justphil

I have spent every spare minute on Dimitris' website since we first met Eggy in the Coconut bar last October. As I posted earlier, I've now clocked up 14 days online.

This site keeps justphil and justjen (philandjen still) in touch with our favourite place in the world in a way that we would never have had without it. And in some cases in touch with our Greek friends who we have actually met and talked to and might not see again for years.

It may be his hobby at a not insignificant cost, and there is no doubt that when he gets out of bed to deal with forum technical issues or Corfufan, he must wonder what he is doing and why.

I once thanked him for everything in the chatroom and he asked "What have I done?" Well Dimitris - look at TerryW's post saying "Look at us Dimitris" and you might guess. Or maybe look at the committment to Arillas Today. Erja has taken up the challenge and done brilliantly.

After my two free weeks in Arillas I can only say thank you Dimitris. Everyone will agree, so please don't thank me for saying it. I am only expressing the views of your members Dimitris. We really do appreciate it all and do our best (even if sometimes we give you headaches) to support you.

Thanks Dimitris - where would we be without you? (not in kavos.....)
phil

Sandy x

Sandy x

vivian

At last some one has expressed it in writting which is something I would have loved to have done, but im not as good at it as most. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

BeckyB

That was beautifully put Phil & as the other ladies have said, it pretty much echos all our sentiments.
(You'll note from my holiday report just how touched Christian & I were by Dimitris' true kindness & thoughtfulness.)

It's very hard NOT to get addicted to this website & particularly the forum & I think I would be a bit lost if I couldn't log on - even if I'm not making an active contribution.

It must be a lot of work & effort for Dimitris - in addition to being a Father & running the business - but I'm so very glad that we have a place where we can all join together from our own little corners of the planet to unite & share in our love of the very special place we know & call Arillas!

Thank you.

Becky B.

justlynn

Well said, Phil and Becky! 

Viv, I'm sure Dimitris knows how you feel whether you put it in writing or not.

I recently passed the 200 posts stage and officially became what I already knew I was anyway - an ADDICT!  This sight is so addictive it's not true........

Thanks Dimitri
lynn x

ger

oh, very well said phil, i am enjoying every minute i spend on this forum i might not write every day, but i certainly log in and browse! although we have been to arillas before, i didnt know about this forum then, we are certainly looking forward to meeting any that are there when we are, from 23rd june. normally we wouldn't approach people, cause you never know, they might want to be left alone, but listening to everyone on the forum i'm guessing that won't be a problem in arillas, everyone seems really friendly and approachable. anyway a big thank you for dimetris from me, and i look forward to meeting him in a week or so
ger x

TerryW

Thanks for writing a great post Phil.

An honest post about a very honest person who lives in a wonderful honest village and is surrounded by lots of other lovely honest people.

A toast to Dimitris and Arillas! Yammas

I am sure that EGG, Eggy, Heidi, riggers, and marika can drink to this at sometime today

AngieS

I've never met Dimitris, but I'm hoping to in just over 2 and a half weeks

but I would like to say what a good job he does running this web site, its given me a real insight into Arillis and the people who live there, plus the people who visit

so I'd like to join in with thanking him, and I'm looking forward to doing so in person very soon

blondegirl

I only manage to get through the winter because of the hard work Demitris puts into this site.. logging onto the site everyday brightens up a very dull day here in the UK, a day without it would be like going through the day without tea (or wine).....unthinkable!

| am going away next week for the weekend and wont be able to log on... I know I will have so much to catch up on when I get back
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

JohnTheRef&Dot

Well said Phil
Yes we all owe Dimitris a BIG THANK YOU
I miss this site if I have to work late and can't log in. 
It's like failing keeping a meeting with you best friend and I would hate to do that

Dave n Anne

Well said phil , what more can we say except well done and thanks Dimitris

Yammas

Dave n Anne