Arillas on Google Earth

Started by TerryW, April 03, 2008, 03:04:59 PM

TerryW

Hurray!!!!

Google Earth has been updated and Arillas is much clearer. The images are quite old though, about 7 years old probably.

Here is an example

dimitris

Well spotted Terry!!

It looks like they have covered all Corfu  with this update.!

Just what we where waiting for!!

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
Learn About what the Locals want you to know while in Arillas

Mango

Hi Terry

Thanks for that.  I have just googled Arillas and it looks great.

Once again you have excelled.

Amanda

TerryW

Dimitris, in what year do you think the images were taken? It looks like one floor of the Horizon had been built, and the pool can be seen, thats why I guessed at about 7 years ago so about 2001.

I know I am a bit sad on maps etc, but this is exciting. :-)

I only found the update because I was looking for the location of Karavi island, in relationship to Arillas.

I now need to find Eggy's house so that I can bomb it with water melons. Where can I hire a plane and a pilot?

TerryW

Eileen

Quote from: TerryW on April 03, 2008, 04:11:15 PM
....Where can I hire a plane and a pilot?

TerryW

http://www.airsealines.com/  Apparently the have "..very low charter fares for the entire year." .....!!!

Eileenx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Erja

Eileen! You do know everything :D

Terry, I will come and help you with the melons ;)
Life is good ;)

TerryW

After looking at Eggy's photo, I think the plane will need to be a Wellington Bomber!!!!

justphil

Best chuckle of the day, Terry. Can just see you in full Biggles regalia leaning out of the window of one of the seaplanes Eileen so cleverly found you, bombarding Eggy and Dimitris with mashed water melons and Wegg counting up all the seeds.....

thanks
Phil

TONYNEW

Just been looking on google earth and compared the photo with the arillas tourist map and sure i have found Mathraki where we will be staying that pool looks inviting already and San Stef doesn't seem too far to walk looks a fair bit longer via the road
                                                       Tony

blondegirl

I know its so clear.  I can see the B.sun Hotel very well too where we are staying this year.

I even saw Dimitris waving from the Brouklis!   LOL...
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

thegreatboosup

Wikimapia.org also have an aerial shot but it is terrible but you can add a comment about Arillas, so far no one has done so, therefore I suggest............................

Chris & Mark's mum

You can find out the exact time and date that every ariel view was taken on GoogleEarth and I have actually done it once.......but I have forgotten where the information is stored on the web pages ...Can someone work it out?..Oh I wish I had a brain.........
We are the people that my parent's warned me about........

alxcfu

Hi all!

I see that my uncle's house, next to Zambeta Apartments doesn't have a roof on it, so it was probably taken in 2003.

Alx

JustL@@KiN

Author Of Arillas Tourist Map UK - http://arillasmap.awardspace.co.uk/

Mrs Egg

Luckily our house is not very clear on Google Earth.  This is because it is shrouded in high level netting, put there in order to catch low flying melons!

Wendy