Mozzies in May!

Started by BeckyB, March 06, 2008, 04:24:25 PM

ger

i was recommended to take zinc suppliments to ward off the little blighters! so i take zinc with vitamin c, and cover myself in insect repellant and have plug in things in the room. i might also start taking vitamin b anything to keep the little beggers at bay!!
ger x

Jo Wissett

I think its hilarious that we are all doing all these things to stop them but its as if they sit there laughing with their SAS jackets on thinking, oh she thinks she's safe this year but have we got news for her....My point being that sometimes I get ravaged, sometimes they leave me alone.  I just think its whether you taste nice to them!

blondegirl

I think its a real pain...  I dont have this problem getting ready to go out here... takes me twice as long on holiday, what with the intense hair conditioning, sun burn cream, after sun, face moisturisers, insect antiseptic cream, insect repellent, insect zapper, wrist bands, room repellent,  tummy tablets, blister cream, talc, and goodness knows what else I cant mention!  What a performance!  I know that if you need anything just ask me!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Lou

How true Jo,(they don't like the taste of yeast). When we first went out they loved me and had a good feast and left the rest of the family alone, last year we got about 3 bites between 5 of us. I think the more you go the more you become less tasty to them. My stepdaughter is dreading going back as she was bitten alot last time and is now working herself up, my other 2 are fine about it and keep trying to force feed her marmite(their only 3 & 5 the little sods). lol xx
everything looks better through the eyes of your children

justphil

Too true Jo - you should see the precautions we take to keep Jen from being eaten alive. Like you BG she ends up smothered in who-knows-what with white powdery deposits half way up her legs, far too much clothing to cover up with, wrist bands etc etc. Still - last 2 times it worked. Touch wood it will again....

They don't like me. So far not one bite in all our time out there. But it can't be the yeast in our case - we both drink the same amount of beer and far too much, and Jen gets slaughtered.

Lou

Poor you Jen. I was once told they don't like alcohol in the blood!! but in Jens case not true I see. It could be 1) their so drunk from us they can't fly straight or 2) we've given them such a raging hangover that they take revenge the only way they know how. lol
everything looks better through the eyes of your children

TONYNEW

Last year we packed a citronella spray as per i blathered myself head to foot 1st walk into sidari i had 30 bytes anne had 40ish lol
So it was a quick trip to the supermarket and bought a few bottles of Mosi off with Deet in and that was it no more bites the rest of the fortnight
                                         Tony :-)

justphil

LOL Lou.

We loved your post.
QuoteI was once told they don't like alcohol in the blood!! but in Jens case not true I see. It could be 1) their so drunk from us they can't fly straight or 2) we've given them such a raging hangover that they take revenge the only way they know how

Both are probably true in our case....

lol
philandjen