When is everybody going.

Started by sharonF, February 15, 2008, 05:00:19 PM

Vaughan & Angie

We have booked through AVRO, Monarch flight from Brum, we have a printount from AVRO stating API not required for this booking.  We have also phoned, twice, and been told we do not need it.  Nervous? Moi?

V

adrienne n dave

Hi Kriopigi girl
Have you tried this link to do an API

http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/

you should see an online check in button
Hope this helps

Dave
instagram:  meadowfielddave

kriopigi girl

Thanks Dave. Tried that link but Corfu is not listed. Going to pop in to TC during week so will check with them.
Pauline x

Val n Bill

You have to use you booking Ref Num. There are usualy two, one begins and ends with a letter, the other is all numbers, I forget which one you use though, did mine end of May with TC, not travelling until July.

Val x
The love affair continues.

TONYNEW

I,m in the same boat Pauline i posed this question about a month ago about API for Corfu as it is not listed on the drop down box according to the information given above the drop down box if where you are travelling to is not listed below you do not have to submit API
What i cant understand is why do you require API for the rest of Greece but not Corfu
It's all Greek to me !
Tony

GaryS

The question is why do you need it at all? It serves no purpose other than Big Brother watching. Business travellers travelling to 99% of the world don't use it so why do we?

momo

We're going 22nd August to 5th Sept. You all make it sound so good. Can't wait.
Mo and Dave.

Erja

See you there Mo and Dave and you will love it :)
Life is good ;)

newbies

Hi all, sorry to sound stupid but what is API?, have not been to greece for some years and never heard of it, we are traveling via first choice(thomson) and nothing has been mentioned, or is a thomas cook thing?.

Alan and Jan

Quote from: newbies on June 21, 2011, 10:15:18 AM
Hi all, sorry to sound stupid but what is API?, have not been to greece for some years and never heard of it, we are traveling via first choice(thomson) and nothing has been mentioned, or is a thomas cook thing?.

API is Advanced Passenger Information. If you booked via the internet on their website you booking confirmation should have info on this. Apparently it is now a requirement to provide details to countries about incoming travellers. My belief is that it was initially for the USA but has now been extended.
Details required are your name as it appears on you passport, date of birth, passport number and when the passport expires.

This is the website for Thomson customers.

http://eapi.thomson.co.uk

Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

newbies

Thanks to alan and jan for the info, you would have thought that the travel agent might have mentioned it, we travelled to tenerife earlier in the year and didn't have anything to fill out so i presume this is a greek law.

pete n naomi

Erja

EasyJet wants API on all flights to all destinations. I think it makes life easier to check in on-line in advance and then just drop off the bag at the airport. Simples! :)
Life is good ;)

Janis

We've booked two different ways for our holidays in Arillas - several times through Thomson and twice (so far!) with Easyjet and independent accommodation.

We've had to repeat our information each time we book with Thomson, but Easyjet "remembered" our info and just asked us to confirm it was correct.  Far easier!

Janis x

westhampete

Only three more sleeps now. Roll on Friday. Arrive early Saturday morning.We also had to repeat our info with Thompson. Still small price to pay for two weeks of bliss.