When is everybody going.

Started by sharonF, February 15, 2008, 05:00:19 PM

Sandy x

Looking forward to seeing you all next week. Arillas is waiting.....a bit of rain maybe before then.....but I have learned to ignore the forecasts this year. The retsina is still very reliable though.......
Sandy x

Jo Wissett

Its funny..in previous years we would have been devastated by bad weather. This year, in July/Aug, we probably had a good 3 days of iffy weather but we were just chilled about it. Arillas is about so more more than searing heat. I don't just mean getting leathered instead in the Coconut, it was just 'being there' as Peter Sellers may have agreed with. I will leave you all to ponder that one! (Answers on a postcard)

patrickjohn

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

justphil

Here's my postcard Jo.

Secretly (maybe not after this post) we both adore the "being there" in October and early April much, much more than the leathered whirl of July. Our enjoyment of that is obvious to anyone who observes it of course. But out of season, the weather is all over the place, storms, hot sun, rain, wind..... the place looks deserted..... the sea is as warm as a bath (October) and the pace of life is S-L-O-W. In Arillas we have Marvel, Beach Point and Armourada. Enough for us two. Because we can just be us, self contained and appreciate the true beauty of the coast, the Diapontian islands, and be calm. But our friends take us places - we get to Mon Amour and Night Owl (to be invaded by Spiros and Bobby Bardis) and....

I am in love with Arillas itself. I am good at holidays, but don't need them. Staying in Arillas for Jen and me is about "being there." Not just the "social whirl" that we have talked about in the past.

All the best meluvver
Phil

Eggy

Paul n Denise

PM waiting for you.

Safe and non delayed flights over to all,  next week.

Negg

Jez

Hi Vivian,

Yes, I will try to blow the dust off a bit first (fortunately the shower works, (or it did last time I used it).

2 Viv's; that will be interesting after a few ouzo's. One has an E rather than an A, so all will be crystal clear!

Flying tomorrow afternoon....

Jez

harold

Just booked for May 2015 1st of May till 28th may
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

momo

That's aMAYzing Harold. A month must be fab. Hope you see lots of mayflies. Mo x

Eggy

Quote from: harold on October 18, 2014, 04:55:31 PM
Just booked for May 2015 1st of May till 28th may

27 days of Harold and Sally?. Someone has to warn Arillas!! - 'Spose that is down to me!

Would love to speak with you , Harold , next year.

Cheers
Negg

Erja

Life is good ;)

kevin.g

Harold this retirement thing sounds good 1 day for me, itll happen yiammas

vivian

8th - 22nd May booked, reserve our place. xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Sandy x

Sandy x

harold

then 2 weeks in October,its great being retired
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Eggy

Quote from: Sandy x on October 20, 2014, 02:17:17 PM
Tomorrow!

Only if I can cope with three screaming women, in the car, Sandy.!

I just might leave you at Agros and make a getaway!

Negg