Greek Lessons

Started by Ivan, October 24, 2004, 12:29:58 PM

Ivan

:lol: Eggy,
             You have definatly been paying attention to lesson 20, I can tell you that 21 does not get any easier. I think some more explaination would help the Pimsleur,
                          Happy studies,
                                             Ivan

Eggy

Cheers Ivan - You to.

Eggy

Ivan
Have you ever seen the old sit-com, currently being re-shown on Sky, called "Allo-Allo" I am begining to feel like the French policeman in this program, who is really a British Spy who speaks bad French. All these years of learning an "Across the board Greek" and now I think I am maybe not as advanced as I thought it was. It's all in the pronounciation. Am I really saying "Good Moaning" and " I have a 'massage' for you Dimitris"
We won't go into the sentence " I was just 'passing' by your Taverna" (These a's and I's do get confusing) - Anyway, I am on tape 27, having played a couple though twice, and all I can say at the moment is "Look out Arillas - Here I come" -Who are you gitting on. < Do I sound that that in Greek??
Negg

Ivan

:lol: Eggy,
              that gave me a chuckle after a few particularly s****y days!
 We probably sound like a Greek trying to speak english (or maybe worse!)
                                 Ivan

Eggy

Ivan
My wife is now on the beginners course. She plays it whilst she's cooking. Even this course is coming out with words I've never heard of.
No worries eh? - I have just finished tape 30 and need to go back to 16 to start again. Keep going , good luck. Or , as I say it in Greek -
- Keep goooing god lick.
Negg