Kaloudis 2008

Started by riggers, January 07, 2008, 12:58:54 AM

judith

we have booked for the kaloudis in August but never having been to Corfu before we felt we had a good deal at £580 per peron for 2 weeks. we have been to Croatia and Montenegro for the past few years and those places are really expensive.  Can't go when prices are cheap as I am a teacher!!!

patrickjohn

Hi Judith
My wife and I are booked into Kaloudis in May.  We scouted it out last year and thought it looked good, and all the reports on the forum seem to agree.
Am sure you've done the right thing and will have a super relaxing holiday.
The May trip will be our fifth Corfu holiday (the first one was in September 1970), and this will be our second stay in Arillas.
Welcome to the forum
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

justphil

I'm a teacher too Judith. Have spent nearly twenty years being ripped off by tour operators. This is my last one and we will be in Arillas in September just because at last we CAN! (July as well though...)

Kaloudis is perfect place for families or couples or individuals. The pool is called "splish splash" and is immaculate, the people are gorgeous and it sits right next to the beach. We often come off the beach and have two or more Mythos there before finding our dinner (usually the Thalassa.) You will never look back. Another Arillas Addict in the making....

best wishes
Phil

judith

Thank you phinandjen and PJ for your comments.  We have been a bit unsure about Corfu because of the reputation of its rowdier resorts, but you have really set our minds at rest. We chose Corfu because we can travel from our local airport, Norwich, as we hate going down to Gatwick or Heathrow. looking forward to our holiday now!!
Judith

martin-w

I can understand Judith when you mention 'the rowdier' resorts. It seems a great pity that their reputation seems to tarnish the majority of lovely places in Corfu. I suppose its the same in a lot of 'touristy' places. I could mention Lorrette de Mare on the Costa Brava, and lots of places have their 'Blackpool in the sun'. Kavos in the south, Sidari in the north of Corfu, would be two places I personally wouldn't visit.
Arillas is a beautiful, friendly, peaceful place, with good food and company. No hassle or people trying to sell you things. You will love the place and like the rest of us, keep coming back to all the friends you will make there.
All the best,
Martin.

Lisa and Steve

Judith when in August are you flying from Norwich. we are flying out of norwich on 1st August for two weeks so mighr see you.Where abouts do you live?

judith

Hi Lisa and Steve, we fly from Norwich on the 8th August for 2 weeks.  We live in Docking not far from Hunstanton. We will probably see you as our holidays in Arillas will overlap. Where are you staying?

Hi Martin-W, Thank you for your reassurance about Arillas.  I am sure we will love it.

Judith

Lisa and Steve

Yes we do overlap.We are staying at the Bardis sun hotel.We live in Lt Melton which is right by the new hospital.Look forward to seeing you.Did you have a really bad storm this afternoon?

holiday girl

It's my second visit to arillas.  The first time I went it was the beginning of the season and the weather wasn't too great . Hoping it will be better end of may. Are there sun beds on the beach at that time of year?
kerry