Greek Islands

Started by jersey steve, December 14, 2007, 08:07:17 PM

M n M

This June we are going to a small island called Halki it's north of Rhodes by ferry. We should enjoy it because like Arillas, people keep coming back year after year so it must have something going for it. At the moment we are having to wait until end September to get our Arillas fix unless a late booking turns up.
Mick

blondegirl

M n M... just googled Halki... it looks lovely, very quiet and small... not an easy, straightforward trip to make by the looks of it, but I expect once you have done it a couple of times you know what to expect and it all becomes part of the holiday experience.  I read a very good report from a guy who has been there for the last 20 years,  very helpful information for the journey I thought.  Looks like you will have a really good time on that little Greek Island.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

sharonF

Mick it looks gorgeous you will have to tell us what it's like next time we meet in Arillas xx

M n M

Blondegirl
just one big problem now, flights, from this year there is only one early flight from Manchester to Rhodes, we are going from LBA, the flight which was 0700hrs now its 1650hrs depart and the ferry leaves Rhodes at 1600hrs. There are only about 4 or 5 early flights now from the whole of GB now since Thomas Cook took over most of the flights to Rhodes, so a lot of people are not happy. The one saving grace is, if you have over 8hours wait for the ferry you are put up in an hotel for the time and as the next ferry is at 1430 the following day it means after a kip we will be able to have a quick look around, a bite to eat and a few ouzo's and maybe a beer then a nice ferry ride to Halki.
Mick

M n M

Sharon
I will send you an email and if I can work out how to send pictures I will
C U Mick

ps, 36 years today and I did not forget her.

carol

Thanks for your replies claire and Mick.We're really looking forward to this holiday,its our first with NO kids.We will miss Arillas but im sure we'll be back a.s.a.p.take care, cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

sharonF

Mick do you mean it was your Anniversary?  Congratulations, wow, 36 years.  Give Mary a hug for me and one for you too xx

Lindypops

Congratulations on your 36th. Great stuff. We secretly  celebrated our 35th in Arillas last year. Hope you have a great anniversary.
Lindypops.

blondegirl

Our 35th was last year too which was made special in Arillas

M n M

Sometimes I think we should have got married in the summer time, but when you snuggle up in the cold it can be fun ;-). Things went great and we are looking for somewhere warm for 2 weeks maybe Cyprus or Malta again.

ger

Quote from: carol on January 26, 2008, 11:11:35 PM
We're going to Santorini this year for a change.Theres just the two of us going,we're leaving all the kids at home.We've been looking at pictures on the web and because of the volcano the sand is black.does anybody know if you get dirty off it?? please dont think im stupid. cx
hi carol have just read this, not a silly question at all, no you don't get dirty from the black sand, but it's more like grit and can be quite sharp to walk on, it also gets very hot, so some beach shoes would be handy. hope that helps!
ger

kriopigi girl

Yes I agree with Ger. You do need beach shoes.and the sand is mostly grit with pebbles. But you dont get dirty!!!!

We went about 8 years ago and loved it. It was our first holiday minus children and is ideal for couples.

A visit to Thira is a must as the views are breathtaking.It can be pricy there as they cater for the cruise ships (especially Americans)cocking there. However you can find places set back which are reasonably priced.

I would also recommend the sunset cruise. It was such a special  trip I will never forget it. The views from sea looking back at the twinkling lights of the island were magical(had me in tears )But book it up through tourist info shop and not rep as it much cheaper. 

Would love to go back there one day.   Pauline x

vivian

Well we have booked a week in Tigaki on P.J.s recommendation. We are going on October 15th so will be there for my Birthday and it will seem really stange not to be with Dimitris and family but P.J. makes it sound so nice we thought we would give it a try. Im sure we will be back home in May 2009.lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

blondegirl

I didnt know where Tigaki was Viv, so Googled it.  It looks fabulous with all that white sandy beach.  You should have a lovely time.

Sandy x

Sandy x