PHOTOS OF TORNADO

Started by redsun, October 23, 2007, 01:42:16 PM

redsun

Hi Everyone,

Here are some photos taken from the beach in Arillas two weeks ago of the tornado.

Hayley x

Dave n Anne

Hi all

We were on the island of Sifnos about 6 years ago when we had a mini tornado , one minute it was all fine the next I was having to hold all the beds and towels down to stop them being blown away . Very weird feeling as it passed over as you could feel the calm in the middle of it and then it picked up again as the other side went by . I look back now and think what a great experience it was ( not at the time though ).

Yammas

Dave n Anne

TerryW

It doesn't look like a tornado because its shape is too uniform. Tornados are more spiral with a trailing point that narrows as it reaches the  earth. I think that the photos show a very heavy rain storm within a deep depression.

But, I could be wrong, as was Michael Fish 20 years ago last week.

kevin.g

well what ever it was ,thanks for getting on the forum ,great snaps

JustL@@KiN

A waterspout is an intense columnar vortex (usually appearing as a funnel-shaped cloud) that occurs over a body of water and is connected to a cumuliform cloud. In the common form, it is a nonsupercell tornado over water, and brings the water upward. Also, it is weaker than most of its land counterparts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterspout
Author Of Arillas Tourist Map UK - http://arillasmap.awardspace.co.uk/

alex

i was there when this happened it was a fantastic sight and got wider, i thin these photos were at the begining when it started. towards the end of this you could see the water been sucked upinto it. alex

Baldy Barry

Great pic's Redsun !
Wish I could have seen it live !
Hope I don't burn !

Marika

Wow! Yes it was an Tornado!
I saw one in the summer 2002 from San Stefano!
It passed very near Mathraki and a good friend of mine was with the boat out.

Shot at 2007-10-23

www.marika75.webs.com

vivian

Fantastic shot's, Pete just keeps saying I wish I had been there with my camera. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

riggers

hopefully this is image of last weeks tornado

riggers

don,t know where i went wrong. LEARNER....

chorltonfiona

I particularly like the third picture which has people in it - wandering casually along, oblivious!  Maybe they aren't usually a problem, my only experience of tornados is watching the Wizard of Oz, so maybe there's less need to panic than you might think!

Fiona

riggers

time to give up. will have to call in the professionals...riggers...