Eating out in Arillas

Started by Holly, September 05, 2007, 12:54:46 PM

martin-w

Hi All,
Back in May I picked up an interesting book in the shop next to Olga's travel. Its called 'Corfiot Cusine' and contains recipies for almost any occasion covering a large selection of dishes. There are hints and 'substitute' suggestions and its been great to use since I have been back in the U.K. for those 'Corfu' evenings with family and friends. I also have two C.D's 'Anthology of Greek Music' and 'Corfu, 18 instrumental and songs' to accompany the delicious food and to set the atmosphere on the patio!
I must aggree that the food in Arillas is great no mater where you eat. I always stick to the traditional Greek menus. From Brouklis via the 'front' Graziella through to Thomas' Vavilas fish taverna where as you rightly said the seafood 'special' is a wonderful delicious experiance! They all have their own unique and different menus and its difficult to have a 'favorite'. I hope the 'Sidari' effect never latches on in Arillas, English food is available in England everywhere, we don't go to Corfu for that!!
Yammas,
Martin.

sharonF

Quote from: georgia on October 21, 2008, 12:14:06 AM
We patricularly love Vavillas, fish superb but also the meatballs are like manna from heaven like no meatballs u have ever tasted before. When we ate there a few weeks back had the best giggle as the German chap on table next to us was sporting a miners light on his head so he could see his plate better..will post a picture when I work out how!!

georgia, you must have been there same time as us, we saw him!  hahaha, didnt he look funny.  We were there 27/9 to 3/10. 

Sharon x

georgia

Hi all, glad I am not the only one who attempts a bit of Greek fare at home.
Blonde girl, do try the grilled calves liver on your next visit, must be one of the nicest meals I have ever had and lord knows I have had a few!
Sharon, so glad somebody else witnessed the German guy with miners light, we left the day before you arrived, so his light must have been well used..trust he had plenty of batteries?!! Just viewed Eggys beach picture, wow how does 25degrees sound to everyone? No brainer that one eh? x

lala

there are good places to eat in arillas

my fav is portofino

you can check you the webpage at

www.corfuarillasportofino.com

the pics are at the below link

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/listing/user/corfuportofino

have fun!

you will have a blast

riggers

Yes tried portofino many times and enjoyed very much. Will be one of places we eat next week no doubt.

yammas.
riggers.

Mike212

My wife and i ate there too...

Portofino's portions are filling!!!

we love talking to Spiro he is so funny... ask him  for is business cards he loves to him them out he makes jokes!

My favorite meal is the Chicken in white sauce ummmmmmmmmmm

justlynn

I adore their Vegetarian Moussaka - pendenostimo!  (Hope that's right?)

lynn xx

Eileen

Come on Lynn please explain.....pendenostimo...what does it mean?

Eileenxxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

MaryH

My favourite place to eat in is Portofino absolutely nowhere else tops it - sorry if I offend anyone

Take Care

Mary

justlynn

Ah well Eileen, this is a word I got from young George Bardis.  Nostimo is delicious and pendenostimo is very delicious.  I said doesn't pende mean five, and he said yes, it's five times delicious!
I tried it on Thomas at Vavillas and he said "Ah, do you speak Greek?" so it doesn't seem as though George was pulling my leg then!!

lynn xx

Eileen

Thanks Lynn.  I'm going to practice saying it over and over again.  Can't wait to see Keith's face when I say it to a waiter on holiday!!!

Eileenxxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

justlynn

Accent on the "nos", Eileen - good luck!  ;)

lynn xx

justphil

No-one should take any offence Mary - the whole point of Arillas is that there are so many and everyone has their favourite(s)

Portofino is just great. But so many others to fit in, you run out of evenings... I think we ate just about everywhere last September but will struggle for just 2 weeks in July.

Take care
Phil

MaryH

That's so true Phil - but I agree there are so many good places to eat. Brouklis for one I'm so glad I went there this time. One evening I had  my evening meal at the Creperie which was just as good quality as any of the resteraunts - all good . I too have tried Greek Cookery at home, sometimes not always successfull like my Mousaka I had done enough to feed a small country and my Bechemel sauce was like mush, but the best one I tried was Pastichio ( sorry for the spelliing )  that takes a lot of doing, but I was very pleased with the results. Greek Cookery seems it can be so simple sometimes yet such fantastic results.

Take Care
Mary

justphil

Ah Mary, I know. I often cook Greek, and do a fair take on stamna and stifado, and now feta stuffed chicken breast (inspired by gaygo) but if I had Roula's skill with flavours I would weigh as much as an elephant! I probably will in July after 2 weeks at Brouklis...

Take care luvver
Phil