Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Mojboj

How about portofino Sonia is it open , not that we use it but remember it being closed last year which made other places busier ? And will you still be in arillas on the 26th when we arrive , be good to see you both .

Jo Wissett

Portifino is still closed but I have heard that the restaurant is opening again next year. The rooms are still available for rent I believe.

soniaP

Yeah portofino as a restaurant is closed but looks open if that makes sense . There is a bit of life there but that part of Arillas looking sad as you have beachpoint arillas Taverna and portofino shut.
Mojboj we leave on 26th early afternoon . The weather is really settled now.

Truth

Very sad to see places closed down and when there are three so close together it just doesn't look good !
Are you staying at Bobby's Sonia?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

Unsure why Beach Point is not open as much work looked to be in progress prior to May.
Unless someone gives me definite info about Portofino then I , also am at a loss.

Meanwhile...... who wants a dry sunny 25 deg and then sneak past Grazella for Vinceremos??
(Only a jokey as all places seem to be sharing those euros of you good people)
Cheers
Negg

Mojboj

That's a shame Sonia we arrive around midday , hope you've had a nice time anyway ..

soniaP

Quote from: Truth on June 20, 2023, 03:02:31 PM
Very sad to see places closed down and when there are three so close together it just doesn't look good !
Are you staying at Bobby's Sonia?
Yeah Karl.  Staying at Bobby's.

Truth

😎🍻 . Tell them all I said hello please and enjoy the rest of yiur hols ! 👍

soniaP

Thanks Karl will do. Word on the street is that Beachpoint opening as a street food place in July. There is also a new Mediterranean tapas place opened next to Lithero the pizza place. They had live music on there as we went past last night.

Truth

kevin-beverly

Hi Sonia

Sounds good a new eatery street food give that a try
And a another watering hole with live music must and med tapas have a few drinks but no dancing haha

Kev

Thanks Sonia your better then that old  forum Arillas reporter👴 haha

jackson

Will still miss getting the Gyros at the beachpoint and sitting on the bench in the afternoon and evening.

kevin-beverly

Hi

The best Gyros at midday with a cold beer just people watching

Kev

soniaP

Quote from: jackson on June 22, 2023, 09:42:10 PM
Will still miss getting the Gyros at the beachpoint and sitting on the bench in the afternoon and evening.
I can report that my mission has continued this year to find a good alternative gyros now beachpoint closed.  Just had one at Mirage and really good . Pretty sure it is of the spit as they have a few things  with gyros on the menu such as pizza gyros which my daughter has just had and also gyros burger.

Truth

I have to say I have had a lot of good food at Mirage and not just snacks either

Booking.com