Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Eggy

We finish our Arillas Today with a 22 deg at 10:30pm. - Super meal , Beach Kostas , consisting of steak for moi , and fish for Wegg. Good to see the beach in use by many young sprogs. - Obviously , although a very enjoyable evening tis not the same. Is this the new "NORM" ??
Negg

Eggy

29 deg , give or take a tad, today.
A nice coffee, plus fresh orange for Wegg , at Ina's this morning.
Looking around , as I do , there are many pools waiting to be filled. - There will probably be a rush of water requirements for mid July but , quite rightly , places are keeping the odds in their favour.
Good to see Athina getting a further spruce up and Spiros reckons he should be open for 1st July.
There are new faces appearing in Arillas and Sidari and I think most are German. - Good for locals as a euro is a euro so whatever hand it starts in is not really important as long as it finds it's way to the till. -
That said I am still having my brain picked on UK flights etc etc. (Egg , the ""Know all Oracle??"" - I think not!! - But hope is never lost!!)
Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Arillas today has been the day when you open your door and get hit with heat! - Bloody Henry springs to mind.
29 deg at 6pm and much water consumed by me already. Tis a hottie for yer bottie.
and.... we are in the "Spot the Tourist"  mode. Who was that car , in front of the car, in front of me. Stopping dead at every T-junction and , behaving like a poor little sheep that had lost it's way. It is such a shame that no one hires cars anymore with a rear view mirror.
Maybe where they came from does not have a highway code - Or the driver had his thumbs stuck up his bum.
This vehicle was full of lucky bunnies, in that, the car behind was an understanding driver.  I am an understanding driver but... do not stop dead in front of me as my PUNTO takes no prisoners!!
That said it is always good to see those who know where a good holiday can be had.
(I hope to get him tomorow as I have just had bullhorns fitted!!)
Cheers
Negg

jackson

I hope you had a general anasthetic before the bullhorns were fitted  as it sounds like a nasty operation.

kevin.g

Neil
Those walls jumping out at you again,,, yammas see you soon

Eggy

Bloody "Tourists!!! - Who stops 60% over a T-junction because they are not sure which way to go??? - Happened yesterday. I had to negotiate past them and they did not even realise I was there. ( Guy started to reverse when I was nearly past them.. (Punto horn working overtime!!!)
(Not from the UK , that I am sure of)
Anyway .... Arillas today finishes at 29 deg so UK weather , I think is on a par with this. - Obviously still quiet and I am getting paranoid, thinking that any car driving tourists are just hovering around, waiting for me , so they can annoy!! They must all be in a group and be on walkie talkies!!"Car 1 . Egg's on his way, stop dead now. - Car 2 open driver's door in 2 minutes , car 3 Turn left, but signal right after slowing down."
KEVIN - Are you paying ;em??
Negg

claretman1

Any sign of activity at the Horizon hotel?  Is re-opening on the cards?

kevin-beverly

Hi Neil

No I am not paying them
They said they would do it for laugh haha

Kevin

Eggy

Kevin - I will get 'em in the end.
Just had these new HEAD lights fitted so I don't think any hire car will stop , dead , in front of me now.

Cheers from a 30 deg Arillas and a few "strangers" beginning to appear.
Negg

jackson

Thanks for giving us the heads up eggy

kevin-beverly

Hi NEIL

What are you doing with my holiday doll taking them out for the day when you are finished can you put it back at the Tria

Kev

Eggy

Kevin,
She tells me she won't be back at the Tria as you keep trying to blow her up. (For whatever reason I cannot imagine!!!)

Do you know we now have 35deg, at Kavaddades, for 6:30pm.
The World's gone mad and if it wasn't for my heads then I would also go doooolalllley.
They talk to me - DONCHERKNOW? - So hard to concentrate on driving when they rabbit away on the back seat
Seriously . really sad to read that booked flights become cancelled flights so quickly. - WOTCANISAY??. So sorry for all you guys out there. - Still think it will be end August before we see a few UK faces.
and......Wegg has not been back to the UK for, over a year now, to see family. - Any good news is a bonus for all.
All I can do is use my "friends" to give someone a chuckle. "Heads you win and all that!!"
Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Quote from: Eggy on June 25, 2020, 06:47:25 PM
Kevin,
She tells me she won't be back at the Tria as you keep trying to blow her up. (For whatever reason I cannot imagine!!!)

Cheers
Negg

So... Kevin you are guilty. - Did not get a denial and,  as me , on the A-Z pics , I had to "bear" the truth.
Arillas finishes with a 32 deg at 6:30 pm which is a tad better than yesterday as we had 34 deg at the same time.

A busy Sunday as a slightly less busy today but is is sooooo good to see the sea and sand being put to super use .

A salad for evening meal , compliments of Wegg, who has been toiling away outside.
(WOTTASHAME we cannot grow sliced ham , though(
Byeeeee
Negg

Eggy

Hard to do a 34deg, average temp, in Arillas today but good to see local Greeks taking advantage of their quiet times and using it with beach fun. - Still 35 deg at 6:30 pm which is a bummer as darts is planned for this evening.
Sad to see flights being cancelled/moved again , and it works both ways as Wegg had booked an early visit to see UK family.
Will not happen now and yet another flight to cancel and re-book.
I think I could be on my own, in September, as she will need at least a UK month to catch up with her family.
(Anyone out there who can blow the fuses, in my pacemaker, for September???)
..   But not Sandy as she would cost me a months pay in Retsina!!!!
Cheers
Neill

Eggy

Grazella on target to open Monday plus Amnos , plus Athina. - Possibly others very soon. Brouklis back in business and very busy the other evening. - No rush to fill any local pools though. A very quiet Sidari and Ag. Stephanos and Ag. George but spotting a few quad bikes, this afternoon, plus a hire car or two. - 35 deg at 6pm. Too hot for me.
Cheers
Negg