Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Eggy

After my refreshing sarnie, with a mustard I will not tell Geoff about, but I will send the empty jar to PJ, I can show you some pics for Arillas Today.

and........ any faces you recognise here????

It has been alledged, twas a local Council meeting to discuss, not only the smoking ban, but to bring in an extra ban to those wishing to bring thier own condiments into a Taverna.- Bugger!!
and........ "Empire building at Mega Lithari??

More Villas springing up. This , in my opinion, is good for Arillas. They are not "in yer face" and offer a quiet surrounding plus , of course should send more guests around local spots to enjoy a meal and/or drink or three. (Arillas , Ag. Stephanos , Ag George not far away)
Looks like it will be a Helluva complex!!
Cheers
Negg

momo

Enjoyed the photos Neill. Thanks. I'd love to be in Arillas in the off-season too but maybe someday x

turkeyfoot

Quote from: Eggy on February 02, 2020, 06:16:05 PM
After my refreshing sarnie, with a mustard I will not tell Geoff about, but I will send the empty jar to PJ, I can show you some pics for Arillas Today.

and........ any faces you recognise here????

It has been alledged, twas a local Council meeting to discuss, not only the smoking ban, but to bring in an extra ban to those wishing to bring thier own condiments into a Taverna.- Bugger!!
and........ "Empire building at Mega Lithari??

More Villas springing up. This , in my opinion, is good for Arillas. They are not "in yer face" and offer a quiet surrounding plus , of course should send more guests around local spots to enjoy a meal and/or drink or three. (Arillas , Ag. Stephanos , Ag George not far away)
Looks like it will be a Helluva complex!!
Cheers
Negg

Hi Negg

If the Greeks can ignore the smoking ban I can follow suit on the condiments. lol

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Eggy

Geoff
Had a super steak , at Mon Amour , last week. - Guess what I had in my pocket.?
You've guessed it!! - A tiny little "vape" unit and , of course some Colmans. (I am such a rebel)
Cheers
Negg

turkeyfoot

Quote from: Eggy on February 04, 2020, 01:05:35 PM
Geoff
Had a super steak , at Mon Amour , last week. - Guess what I had in my pocket.?
You've guessed it!! - A tiny little "vape" unit and , of course some Colmans. (I am such a rebel)
Cheers
Negg

Hi
I will appeal to the European Court Of Humane Rights ( while I can) to defend my right to to use my own condiment. lol

On a more serious note. Is the smoking ban  being inforced?

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

ron

Geoff
I can confirm Negg had Colemans mustard,and he did'nt even offer me any.
ron

Truth

And used it to put his fag out in !!!!   LOL
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

angiem

On the subject of mustard, a while ago I was out for a meal (in Ipswich) with some work colleagues
and requested some English mustard for my steak. One of the party was aghast and said

"Mustard - with steak?? I guess that must be a northern thing".

Is it?

I thought it was common place.

patrickjohn

Mustard with beef including steak is perfectly correct and is not a 'Northern Thing'.  I love mustard on my beef and if available a healthy helping of horseradish sauce too.
By the way I live in what people call the East Midlands, neither north nor south, but sunny Lincolnshire.

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

kevin-beverly

Hi

Yes the yellow stuff goes well with stake I have it always well most times

Come from east end London now ESSEX

Kev

angiem

Quote from: angiem on February 05, 2020, 01:38:22 PM

"Mustard - with steak?? I guess that must be a northern thing".

Thanks guys for the confirmation.

I didn't think it was, but being a northerner couldn't argue at the time. :D

And yes Patrick - horseradish sauce too definitely.

Eggy

Quote from: kevin-beverly on February 05, 2020, 02:00:09 PM

Hi

Yes the yellow stuff goes well with stake I have it always well most times

Come from east end London now ESSEX

Kev

I bet Count Dracula wouldn't say that!!!
Negg

turkeyfoot

Hi
I have it with everything except fish,  maybe I should try it!!!!!!
I also have  egg mayonnaise and  onion with  a healthy spoonful of Colmans . Makes all the difference in nice crusty rolls accompanied with a  good English Ale or a drop of wine, not French though.
I am an Essex boy

Geoff

DaisysMum

'Tis bleddy ansome on a Cornish Pasty!

Ann K

Mustard on steak - marvellous!  Love it on ham, gammon, bacon, cheese - anything really!  But coming from the (previous) home of the real stuff, Norwich, :( what would you expect?  Horseradish comes a close second and I like that on smoked mackerel as well.
Ann x