Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Barry

It was also nice to see that the rubbish was being collected regularly.
The bins were emptied twice a week by us.
Barry and Christine.

kevin-beverly

Hi

Neil what is the weather like in the winter months can you walk around in a T- shirt and shorts don't for get you are use to the winter weather someone who dose not live out in Arillas.
I would love to come out in the winter months and see the other side of Arillas

Kevin

Eggy

Kevin , tis a good time to be around Arillas and it's neighbouring places. - And yes , not much open but still a small choice where you will be very welcome and guys have time to sit and speak with you, - Tis a nice Winter and recommended.

Tis like "Arillas Today" . really where we had about a 23 deg afternoon but twas quiet and , dare I add , I saw John the Ref and Dot in the Sea?? - (Nearly waded in to say """Get of my Land""" but it looked too cold for me!)
Bumped into a luvly couple at "Beach Kostas" and now I have forgotten thier names again!! - I remember we sparred a few games of darts, last year,  and I also remember they never gave me a chip from their lunchtime meal. -
No one shares their chips anymore!! - Ron and Ali started this trend!
(Where did I go wrong RON. One chip and I would give a song Ron. Maybe the wrong song Ron. but on me the pressure is upon , Ron.)
Anyway.......... I degress and my Punto is in charge and takes me to places I do not expect. I change the gears and turn the wheel but , HEY HO!!
so...................
Back to Rainbow for a chinwag with Scottish Yianis and the "Ref Duo" plus a poor couple sat at the far end of the seating that had to put up with my loud rambling!! - Sorry guys!! , next year I think duct tape on the mouth may cure me!! (I only say "may")
A nice afternoon and a few stray cats fed , on the way home . Feel sorry for Wegg as she has to put up with me alllllllll evening.
Cheers
Negg

JohnTheRef&Dot

No chance of getting a toe wet Neil, a passing thought of entering water beyond the sand, never a hope of that happening.
The sea was so warm you missed a treat.
It's a good job the reflexes remain intact, the sight of a white punto swerving towards us on the way back to Rainbow almost made me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Home for us tomorow, following a fabulous two weeks.
A couple of storms but October in Arillas has served us well with fantastic late summer sun.

Truth

Glad you have enjoyed it Ref 🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

Hi John n Dot. Once again I got lost in that time warp but was glad I got the chance to wish you a Kalo Taxidi.

Forgot to post this on Tuesday. - Tis a quiet Arillas afternoon with the temp actually touching 28deg. Not bad for 15th Oct.

Many places finally closed, yesterday. - Probably have "Beach Kostas" and "Beach Point" , Brouklis, maybe and Armourada. Not sure if Eftihia and Grazella , Vinceremos will stay open for a while. - I will know later. There are probably a few others hanging on in there!!
Gold Stars go to Tria and Rainbow for looking after thier last 2 or 3 customers up to , I think 6pm, yesterday. A long day for them.
Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Vinceremos , Garzella and Thallasa still open. - Still a few "October Fest" enjoyers around. .... and why not with 26deg at 6pm???
Negg

kevin-beverly

Hi

You can have a rest now and practice you darts 🤣

Kev

Eggy

There is no peace for the wicked , Kevin. - You know that - """Remember the one armed man in FUGITIVE"""
(Anyway , knuckle down and repair that injury!!! - Should I report you the the "Long Arm of the Law" ??

So........... what's going on with Arillas Today?? - Grazella , Thalassa , Vinceremos and Beach Kostas.  all with customers?? -
Tis mid October , donchyerknow?? - A quick mental count gives me 36 shared "late comers" who , obviously will be eating tonight. This doesn't count those in Ina's Coffee shop plus those just having a stroll. 27 deg at 3:30pm and I saw a few in the water , which I am told is on the warmish side.
WOTLUCKYPEEPS- R - ORL - ERE??

Cheers
Negg

Truth

27 degrees mid October !   Soopa Doopa !!!!!
Enjoy mate
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

28 deg , today , Karl....... the worlds gone mad!!!!
and..... where all all these tourists coming from? - Have they all been locked away in a wardrobe? - Breakout time ...like zombies!!!
...... I mean that nicely though, even though one went for my brain. - Unlucky no brain there , just an ouzo jelly!
...... afterwards we sang a song together! - Always be nice.
Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Touching 29deg today, at 5pm,  and the beach looks better than it did from my last Tuesday pic. - Sunbeds in use and bodies in sea.
Ina's "coffee spot" doing well, and Stathis has a tad more time to dance along to his bar music. Customers luv 'im to bits and Ina, I am sure, will get him back for next Summer. - Brouklis will be open, each evening, from 7pm until 26th October which could mean a visit from moi!!
Tis his name day on the 26th ...DONCHYERKNOW??
The weather is amazing as is the exchange rate. - e1.16 today. - will it go up or down?? -DATIS-DEE-KWESTION.
(Probably depends where MP's are holidaying , next year - do you think they are buying their euros now???)
Cheers
Negg

turkeyfoot

Quote from: Eggy on October 22, 2019, 05:43:41 PM
Touching 29deg today, at 5pm,  and the beach looks better than it did from my last Tuesday pic. - Sunbeds in use and bodies in sea.
Ina's "coffee spot" doing well, and Stathis has a tad more time to dance along to his bar music. Customers luv 'im to bits and Ina, I am sure, will get him back for next Summer. - Brouklis will be open, each evening, from 7pm until 26th October which could mean a visit from moi!!
Tis his name day on the 26th ...DONCHYERKNOW??
The weather is amazing as is the exchange rate. - e1.16 today. - will it go up or down?? -DATIS-DEE-KWESTION.
(Probably depends where MP's are holidaying , next year - do you think they are buying their euros now???)
Cheers
Negg
Hi
I could reply to your comment on the euro but I mustn't.
Notice you have dropped your Boris signature
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Eggy

Of course I have dropped the Boris signature. That's in the past, as is Boris. - ( I luv his hair though) I eagerly await a e1.18 exchange rate.
It's 1.192 outside , at the moment, at 11pm.
A pleasent evening , at Night Owl , for me , where many veiws were swapped with a very nice West German couple. As a group decision we agreed that good TV watching would be Donald Trump and Boris Johnson doing the best of 3 in an arm wrestling contest!!
But I digress here.........
........ a super day which did all latecomers proud plus the usual Greek "filoxenia" which made it better. Evenings are still a chill out time.
The Summer doesn't end till the "fat lady" sings. - and there's no such thing as a fat lady anymore.
So when a well proportioned lady starts a sing-a-long, i will know that Winter's coming.

Or , we could say the Summer does not end till the Jetty bench vanishes.... tis still there today guys!!!
Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Just some "poor"pics of Arillas today which continues to give us guys here 27deg.

So much to give and so few to appreciate.
Cheers
Negg