Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

justphil

Will get Jen to Brouklis one way or another. She can't imagine a visit to Arillas without at least one "brown bread" served by the Boss himself. So looking forward to seeing you J&D.

Phil

justphil

Another seriously cloudless, still and sunny day in Arillas. My internal thermometer reckons it is mid thirties in the shade. The whole world was cured and put right by 5 of us - Helen for PM in my humble opinion. Bardis studios welcomed Helen and Keith in the only way they know - haven't seen them for 9 years but after the hugs they had already got their names. And memories. What started as a brief visit from Eggy ended up in barrels of Mythos, ouzo and krasi. We did Arillas proud.

Arillas tomorrow will be San Stefanos and dear friend Marguerita where yet again the hot air will affect global warming. OK, most of it from me. I had the accolade yesterday when one of our oldest (84 years young) regulars asked Jen "does he ever stop talking????"

Eggy will drop us back and hope to eat in Armourada and hear Ron Thal in the Coconut. A fabulous birthday party for PaulD's Heather took place in the Nut last night. Arillas Today is still rocking but mostly from the huge doses of Paracetamol required to recover enough for trying to do it all again.

This place is seriously good for your health. But everyone knows that already.

Phil

Eggy

Well , Guys , only one correction to Phil's post. ---
---- Temp reads 34 deg in the shade and that's at 6pm.
(Everything else he said was perdy dam correct) - Apart from the alcohol - I only had a small beer!!!
Cheers
Negg

justphil

For Wendy's benefit I can confirm that Eggy still had his shell when he left an inebriated two couples swigging ouzo like it had gone out of fashion. HelsBels and PhinlnJen shared a reunion and Eggy was himself, keeping it on-track. We all adore him for that.

Phil

Hels Bels

Well another scorcher of a day, the sea is beautiful and crystal clear. We now find ourselves at the Nut waiting for Ron Thal to perform. In the distance I can see Phil and Jen who thanks to Neill have managed to venture further than Gratzela. As Erja would say, life is goog!

Eggy

The Weather forecast for Arillas Tomorrow is.........

Heavy heat, in the morning , will come, rapidly from the sea , and eggs will be fried without the need of kitchen utensils. There will be no signs of porridge which is not expected now, until late December!!

By late morning heavy outbursts of Mythos and Amstel will be "Down-Poured" plus the occasional shower of local Corfu beer. Ice will be happening over many areas of Arillas and people are warned to watch for any cream cornets that suddenly appear.

By the evening all places will settle down to a cool relaxed time and everyone will be on a "high" , but without the pressure, enjoying a 25deg temperature.
(A BIT LIKE ARILLAS TODAY, REALLY)

Cheers
Negg

justphil

Arillas Today was quiet. Phil had major problems with pollen, as did Len of Sandra and Len and many others who share this affliction..

But San Stefanos was awoken to the sounds of Neiil's Punto arriving with passengers called Phil and Jen who are more rusty than it is itself. Mythos did its best, but was upstaged by other beers..... if Carlsberg did it better, it would not have been the best visit in the world. For us two though, it was the very best visit in the whole world. 

The truth was just beginning. We have now remembered names of 7 couples who crowded Eggy out from a final CocaCola in Beach Point  when he dropped us off. So many people want to share with us our adoration of the place we all love and many did in that half-hour.

Ron Thal and the Rock School, Bobby Bardis and his many guests completed a very busy. very tiring and very satisfying day. Arillas can deliver friendship on a grand scale. More evidence of that will be following in my posts. But right now  I  cannot quite believe how kindly it has treated me today. I give you Arillas Today and hope you can have some of your own.

Phil

cypress

Phil, I don't think I'm the only one who slowly savours every single word of your posts. Keep 'em coming!

justphil

Eggy's forecast has proved correct. Hot hot hot has arrived Today. But there is a merciful breeze to make you forget you are slowly roasting. The exchange rate last night was a very sad 1.09. Will probably dampen down the takings of local businesses as Brits realise the effect on their budgets. We gather that there is a new Prime Minister - maybe that will help.

A tiny little, intentionally slow, almost motionless Arillas Today for PhilnJen. We are still searching for a cloud with no success. The sky is uniformly blue and our mood is anything but. Many quiet conversations, a couple of Mythos and much laughter from all the guests at Bardis Sun Studios and it feels goog.

What more can I say?
Phil

Eggy

Arillas Today ??? - Still 33 deg at 6pm ish. - Maybe we shoud say "Aaaargh rillas Today"

Negg

justphil

A visit to Rainbow, Marvel and Brouklis proved too much for Jen, and we had to be rescued. Many thanks to Bobby, who drove us back. Nothing to do with alcohol or the humid heat that is Arillas Today, but entirely her attempt to get her arthritic hips too far. It is still hot, hot, hot, and the humidity is extremely high. Eggy is right about "Aaaargh rillas Today" and Arillas Tonight sees many folk rushing to their beds far too early.

Fabulous Table 13 with John and Dot, two Metaxa 5s and all finished by 11 o'clcock. Kalinichta folks. 'twill be cooler tomorrow....

Phil

Erja

Yep yep Phil meluvver it was indeed back in 2008 when all the various shenanigans went on in the village for a most fun week along with a muchos fun crew 8) As for pictures..... Let's see some new ones instead ;)

HelsBels - a big sloppy virtual kiss for you and Keefy X  Have a goog time!

And dearest Eggy - keep holidaying and see you after 35 short sleeps  ;)
Life is good ;)

Hels Bels

Erja, Keith send a double sloppy kisses,sadly.you missed an Englishman and 3 Danes wearing a dress,.all for a good cause, which involved a free drink!

justphil

Arillas Today? It was going to be a quiet catch-up (catching up with the washing and the clothes we have left to wear.) A recovery from wonderful meetings that resulted from 10 days here. And a quiet overheated July day in Arillas.

But it saw JohnTheRef and Dot, Eggy, PhilandJen sharing a chinwag and various beverages of all persuasions at Bardis Sun. (We had done the organising by then.)

Then we retired to our room and made plans. PLANS? we should know better. We arrived at the plan of dinner at Vinceremo and back to base for a quiz. But we did none of those. Jen's hair needed lots of care so we spent the afternoon seeing to that. Then we couldn't be bothered to walk to Vinceremo (about 200 yards) so Poppy cooked us a delightful chicken fillet, chips and tomatoes. It was bl**dy lovely. The quiz was delayed until avrio, or Sunday, or.... You get my drift.

Meanwhile we worried about the incoming storm - black clouds, wind, rain etc. We helped Poppy rush her garden cushions in, and waited with baited breath.  It never happened. Just a life-giving wind and for those of us who are already cooked, boiled, fried, and baked the cool breeze was superb. I hope that's as good for the rest of the island.

Then the real storm arrived. Only a few minutes but it made the whole thing completely whole. HelsBels, Keefy and many family members arrived with all the men dressed in drag. It sounds like Benidorm, but believe me it was so funny and appropriate. They minced their way into Bardis Studios and gave us a preview. They were off to Portofino to complete the dare and get a free drink. I totally respect the party-atmosphere they have had the courage and balls to complete.

You would have thought that it would be kalinichta after that. But just as we were leaving, Ingrid and Nick, who are looking great, arrived for big hugs and a seriously enjoyable evening. Poppy joined us and it was yet another Arillas memory.

Arillas Today? Don't ask me - I don't have a clue. Except whatever you think it will be, it will not be, and it WILL surprise you.
Phil

Hels Bels

Today is cloudy and true British summer weather... A little rain...

Last night was great fun, and we were greeted with Cheers and applause from all the hostelries we passed.
The free drink was well and truly earned, and Spiros joined in with the party atmosphere.

Don't worry Arillas, the dresses have been securely locked away.