Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

patrickjohn

Great posting from Eggy - can just imagine the scene at the Sea Monkeys when the bee-man came to do his stuff.  Once had a swarm in our plum tree and know its quite an art to take the colony into your bee box - would not like to try it myself, even with a few puffs of bee calming smoke.
Thanks for the regular reports, Eggy, from our beeloved resort.  Hope to catch a glimpse of you when we get there in September.
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

JohnTheRef&Dot

Arillas today was spent in afionas.
It was a cool start to the day so the walk up the hill was the order of the day.
Called in at night owl for refreshments then off to see spiros at anemos.
Nice lunch and a chat. Walked back via eileen`s villa Stopped them working for a while  then back around 6pm.
Dinner at brouklis rounding off a good day

JohnTheRef&Dot

Kalimera, arillas today is nice and sunny.
Looks like it is going to be hot later
Time for breakfast, wish you were here.

kvarnell

JohnTheRef&Dot, it sounds amazing, the sun is trying to peep through in Cornwall, but still wearing coats and boots.  The weekend is meant to be a wash out,grrrrrrr I am off for a coastal walk.

JohnTheRef&Dot

Steady arillas today for us, bacon sarnies for breakfast then over to San stephanos
Called into yiotas New shop then a walk round to see what was going on, quiet down on the beach and in the town.
Hipopots were getting ready for visitors, stopped and had a little chat there.
Three www for lunch then back home around 5pm
Marina opens tonight but it's. B. B. Q. at the rainbow for us.
Wish you were here.

Sandy x

Hope the first Rainbow BBQ of the season goes well....wish I was there. Yammas!
Sandy x

justphil

Us too Sandy meluvver. Enjoy John and Dot!

Phil

Eggy

Arillas Today sends me to Night Owl for a lunchtime drink and seeing the arrival of Linda's parents from America. Very well they look too.

Then of to Tria Adelphia for a beer, with Phillipe, and a very pleasant time was had, especially with 23 deg on the clock.

Then, off to Marvel where I had the honour to lose a game of darts with Kes.
Where the hell did he get that double 9 from???

Now home and still 22 deg outside at 7:30.

And...... chilli with rice as our evening meal? - Will it get any hotter??

Cheers
Negg

Val n Bill

Hotter.....lucky you, heavy intermittent rain here...and l mean heavy, all day. Fifteen minutes of sunshine but still cold then more rain.

The heating came on automatically this morning and is still on tonight.

See you all soon. Keep some of the sunshine for us.

Val x

The love affair continues.

hippopotandmouse

Nice to meet you John and Dot.

See you stopped in at 3 w's for one of Margarita's omelettes!

JohnTheRef&Dot

Kalimera from arillas, last day so we will need another on the spot reporter
Arillas is waking to another day of sunshine (no rain for a week now)
Hope this weather stays good for all that follow. Time for a full English then off to see what the day holds for us
May even be tempted by a dip in the sea
Wish you were here

Val n Bill

Enjoy your last day both of you, safe journey home, and then the countdown begins until your return.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Jez

Neill,

Did the bee-man come from the hillside going up to Magoulades where all the hives are or by the side of the road heading into Sidari? Viv and I were looking at them in March. We had local honey with Greek yoghurt every morning for breakfast, delicious(I didn't lose any weight though!)

She bought me a bee keeping course some years ago for a birthday present, very interesting it was too. Unfortunately, I have never had a colony of my own because we live next door to a stables and bees and horses are not the ideal match, insurance claims don't you know!

Buzzing off now.

Jez

Eggy

Jez - I think this beeelody little beegur is around  Sidari somewhere.

Farewells to John n Dot is my Arillas Today. Once again, I ask "Where has the time gone???"
They came , they saw and then they were conquered, yet again!
(Gluttons for punishment and back in 9 weeks though)

Martin W continues to jump in hedges as my Punto approaches but I hope to find him before he leaves.

Methinks Viv n Pete plus a few others are around from Tuesday. WOTDOIKNOW?

24 deg at 5:30 pm says it all - Siga Siga and then more Siga Siga.

Negg

Eggy

I have to ask this question......................

950,0000 views since "Arillas Today" was first posted????. Will we hit a million by October???

If we do then it's a big credit to the "Arillas Family" that bend over backwards to ensure that we all have a great time here. (Plus of course you Arilliacs who cannot keep away from the Forum!!!- or Arillas)

Negg