Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Jaz

Quote from: Jo Wissett on July 13, 2011, 08:49:38 PM
And actually Jez, after re-reading your post (8th, I hasten to add) yes us more prolific posters may be seen as a 'Clique' but why is that? Is it  because we strive to promote Arillas to everyone?  I have been visiting for 13 years and feel that i am in an ok position to comment on Arillas and all it entails. Things in this world are depressing enough without killjoys like youself coming along and putting a dampner on things.  Nobody died Jez, happy holidaymakers just shared their special moments with other visitors. I feel sorry that you obviously don't have much joy in your life. (bring it on :-)). Its Jaz actually......... and I do have a lot of joy in my life thats why I dont have to post on here everday!! I am to busy elsewhere!! Touch'e.

Jaz

please come,,,dont be silly,,,,its great.......... hornets everywhere at the moment.

adrienne n dave

instagram:  meadowfielddave

Jo Wissett

Thank you Ness and thats all that we want to do,share our happy times. Jaz,if you are so adverse to technology and the like then why are you logging on here at all? This is a forum which,unless I am mistaken is a place whereby people share their views and chat aboout the things that make their holiday so special.

A lot of us would readily admit to being Arillas addicts and yes even we think of ourselves as slightly sad! My kids are the first to take the mick out of me being on here every day!

I just think that if you really thought the way you did then you should have just logged off! Why try and provoke a reaction by saying such nasty things?

I don't know about everyone else but for the other 50 years of my year, life can be a struggle for the most part.  Life is mega busy, with not enough money to make things fantastic, yet for two weeks of my year I get to go to my fave place in the whole world and spend quality time with my husband and kids. the postings from others who have been or are in-situ just add to this excitement and pleasure.

Yes this may be gushing but my GOD I can't wait for July 29th. I will be among true friends and my fantastic family and It will be fantastic. I just hope Jaz that your posting hasn't put others off from doing their hol reports as these are what keep lots of us going during the winter months.  

Jo Wissett

Jez,Jaz....its all Greek to me :-)

Jaz

Of course they will keep doing their holiday reports and they should keep doing so.... I havent got that much influence on people I hope..... as long as they dont do it in the winter months,,,,, its terribly wet.
I could post my holiday reports on here but I am awful boring when away and could not see anyone in the slightest bit interested in what I am up to or what I have been doing.
I am just giving my view and opinion,,,thats all it is.....nothing else. Unique to me , thats all............ and long may everyone enjoy Arillas for the wonderful place it is and continue doing so for years to come.

Ang

Spot on Adrienne n dave.
Ang

Paul D

This `Arillas Today` thread has been hi-jacked and isn`t meant for this particular debate.
Let it now return to what it`s meant to be about- day by day accounts of Arillas.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

adrienne n dave

Paul is right

somebody let us know whats happening in Arillas
at the moment, anything!

Eggy

So , maybe we can now get back to Arillas Today.

Outside temp sits at 28 deg. Inside house temp sits at 27 deg.

It's nearly 11 pm and Eggy is feeling itchy irritable with the clamminess.
( Is that a word? ) perhaps hot n bothered is a better way to describe it.

Time for another cuppa (T)
( Do ice cubes work in a hot water bottle? )

Negg

adrienne n dave

Thanks Negg
Normal service has been resumed

M n M

Neill,

( Do ice cubes work in a hot water bottle? ), yes they do.

Another way to cool down is before you go out in the evening put your sheets in cold water, wring them out and put them in the fridge. When you finally get ready for bed you will have something cool to slip into, for a short time anyhow.
Keep smiling, Mick.

PS. We used this method in Halki 3 years ago.

Jo Wissett

Jaz, now you speaking a bit of sense! The last thing anyone wants on here is bad feeling. Just don't knock other people's idea of good reading. And for the record, I for one would probably lap up your holiday report! (What you waiting for?!)

Nan

Thanks for the brilliant ideas on how to keep cool.

I will be sure to pack my hot water bottle  Might get some funny looks if they open my case but what the hell.

I haven't got a "Kiss me quick" hat because I've had one in the past and they never work.

I'll fetch you some balm for your itchiness Eggy.

Only 2 days to go now ( is that allowed?)

See you soon Jo :-)
Cheers Nan x

emeralddragons

Knowing how to cope with the heat is indeed important. Drinking lots of water tops the list, but large amounts of water may rinse out necessary mineral salts from your system, so don't forget that you need salt as well.
Never stay too long in the sun, remember that sun blocks do not last on your skin all day, and keep the top of your head covered! Immersed in those lovely Mediterranean waves, you do not feel the heat, but the top of your head does!
A light and loose garment is cooler and more comfortable than exposing your skin to the sun. And topless ladies, as well as those who enjoy the nude beach, beware: - remember that exposing areas of skin not used to being bared is extra risky from a skin cancer point of view.
Being a blonde Scandinavian myself, I stay in the shade, but sometimes pack a bottle of self-tanning lotion! The result is a safer tan and a nicer colour than the shades of piggy pink to lobster red sunbathing results in!
Most important is to protect small children from the sun. These days you can buy clothes and sun hats made of textiles that act as a sun block, both for children and adults. Unfortunately they are quite expensive, but ordinary t-shirts and other garments are useful as well.
Emeralddragons