Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

vivian

Just seen Eggy his not so well today, sore throat so his gone home carrying is fags with him.. We went out in the boat this morning, took Janise and Barry. Poor Janise felt so bad that she got of at palio and got a taxi back home. Peter and I got back and Ivan and Avril were in the Horizan so we joined them for lunch had just orderd when taxi arrived with Janise and Barry, thank goddness she now feels ok. We are all decending on Brouklis tonight and im sure a good time will be had by all.
Sharon, I am so jealous of Avril she has got a donkey called Truffle and showed me a photo of him, he is so cute that I have now decided im going to back home with them.lol  Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Ang

Ah poor Janice was the sea choppy? hope she is okay
Anyway have a good evening all ..
Ang

patrickjohn

Thanks for all the news Viv especially as dear Eggy is under the weather.  Sorry too about Janice - however it reminds me that our taxi ride from Arillas to the airport last Monday was a bit like a choppy boat ride.  A beautiful Mercedes taxi was driven as if in a safari rally and we were thrown about on every bend (and there are lots of bends between Arillas and the airport).  He did make it in 45 minutes, but since we then sat about in the airport for two hours we wished he'd made it a scenic tour and driven ever so gently.
Enough of the moans - most taxi drivers we've had in Corfu have been more considerate.  Going down memory lane - when I was taught to drive I was told to imagine a full tumber of water on the bonnet (it was long ago when cars had proper bonnets)  I was to drive so as not to spill a drop.  Fraid our taxi driver would have failed that one at the first bend.
Best wishes to all forum fans
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

patrickjohn

Just to prove how long ago it was here is me having just passed my driving test in 1960!

Best wishes
PJ

Nan

WOW PJ I love it ..look at those running boards!! LOL

Cheers Nan

Lovely photos too XXXX

TerryW

I was told to imagine a milk bottle standing up in the passenger foot well and not letting it tip over. I passed seven years after you PJ, driving a Triumph Herald. I love the photo and I bet that number plate would be worth a few quid today.

Sandy x

Poor Negg...hope you are soon feeling better....

Patrick, I don't know how you always manage to rustle up a photo for every occasion!
Sandy x

vivian

Arillas yesturday, not much to say really except we nearly  drowned in Corfu town. It was just one long turrent of rain with thunder and lightning but we had to go and get some new cases. Talking about shopping I forgot to tell you I got a lovely present from SS glass shop a large pot that has been turned into a lamp. will post a photo when we get back to the uk. Dimitris says that the pot is a genuine one and about 100yrs old, very difficult to find these days. It is being shipped over for us once we get back. it is just to say glad you are still around but is very preshuss to me and always will be.
Arillas today fantastic beach fantastic weather, we are of out again after just having lunch. bye for now Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Val n Bill

So glad the weather has improved for you Viv. Can't wait to see pictures of your lamp.

Val
The love affair continues.

Eileen

Viv that was so sweet of Perdita's.  What a lovely gesture :-)

xxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

TerryW

Eggy

Viv n Pete

Really sorry but we are going to miss you before you return. - Big Bummer!

Saw Janis and Barry at the Owl lunchtime and they said you are home avrio.

I confess I am a Bear with sore head at the moment so you should feel sorry for Wegg. ( Bah , Humbug , Miserable bugger that I am! )

Haven't had any "lurghies" for 18 months so this is a bt of a shock for me.

Stubborn B that I am, I sneak out in the afternoons and suffer in the evening.

Anyway - Arillas today has made a big effort for you both and still hovers around 25 deg at 6 pm ish. Keep your chin up lass and take it easy.
(Tell Pete I am available for computer lessons if he needs some)

Stay well peeps
Neill N Wendy

Paul D

Hi, PJ.  Just enjoyed looking at your photos.  Glad we bumped into you this year and we got Julia`s letter OK.  Glad your booked for next September. Heather said to me tonight, how do you fancy three weeks next year- what do you think I replied?  Answers on a postcard....

Thanks all, for the updates.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

patrickjohn

Julia and I enjoyed meeting lots of forum folk this year, and especially Paul and Heather.
Paul: Glad you enjoyed our photographs - Julia took most of them - she has a good eye for a photograph.  Look forward hopefully to our September visits in 2011 coinciding so we can share more happy hours together.  Three weeks sounds ideal.  Did try to book 3 weeks with Thomsons, but they could only do 18 nights and the transfer options were limited (ie. no taxi option - they said that could only be done with the one or two week package - for a flexible product, how inflexible!)
Anyone who's not taken a peek at our 2010 Arillas photographs can see them at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2090028&id=1470562665&l=78af6e7d5d
Best wishes
Pat

Val n Bill

Eggy....  So sorry you're not well, hope you feel better soon, we miss you.
       Valnbill
The love affair continues.