Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Eggy

Arillas Today eagerly awaits the arrival of John n Dot, and all fresh meat, with a taster of 32 deg,in the shade. ---- AND... this is at 5:45 PM.

No breeze and a very laid back day linked with a local exchange rate of e1.194.

Beers and Ouzos are begging to be drunk and water must be on your priority list in this weather. - Together with many dips in many pools or the sea.

More brollies on the beach than I've seen in "Mary Poppins" and car parking looks a tad difficult today. - Good to see many bodies around and changeover tomorrow will hopefully see more in than out.

Good OH!
Negg

justphil

Arillas tomorrow will see the arrival of John and Dot. Look after them Arillas and our Eggy. A week later PhilandJen will descend on the village like a tornado. Oh well, a quiet breeze then.....

Our Sandy has been quietly living the Arilliac life for a couple of weeks, and will sadly be departing before we arrive. (Was that an accident I hear you all ask.....) But we will say hello to Dorothy, Pat and Ann, and so many others.

PhilandJen have been preparing ourselves for the long slow afternoons, the glorious food and above all the reunions. And meeting all the lovely forum people who don't want to turn tail and run away.... How will we get through next week here in blighty? The forum will keep us sane (ish) but it will be the toughest week of my life. I should be there NOW.

See you shortly Eggy. Thanks for Arillas Today.

Phil

Pat&Annette

Phil,
We are getting really excited about our trip back to Arillas on 24th July, not tooooo long now!
Dorothy has just set Annette off with her description of cherries at Ammos, can almost taste them.
Bon voyage to John and Dot , sorry will not see you this year. Best of luck for footie season from the Everton fan.
Pat and Annette

justphil

Should be banned. You spend five minutes with complete strangers being blown into the sea by the Mistraio winds in Arillas, you end up in a photo on the internet that gets published several times, and before you know it you are lifelong friends. So looking forward to spending a while with yous two the week after next.

And as for dorothy's cherries I have only one word. Guess what. Eileen will. RATBAG!!!!!

see you there
Phil

Eggy

Ah Phil -I have sent you yet another e-mail.

and...................... Just to tell you all in dear old blighty or Ireland or Scotland.......
that...................... We still have 30 deg here at , nearly 8pm , - Bugger!

John the Ref should be looking after Holland's next match and I would buy him an Amstel if he gives them 3 penalties. If Holland doesn't win this big footie game then we may have to eat the cats over the next weeks.
LEG of MEGG - Has a ring to it donchyerknow?

We are really pleased that Arillas is beginning to awake and a couple of extra places are now open.
1.Heracles Bar has a special opening night and are back in the game. Good place to B.
2. Elena/Stella are now looking after guests from the 1st July and Olga ( Olga's Travel)
tells me to tell you that she is making a special and different cake each day which will be on offer every afternoon for all "Pool Lovers"
( When she makes a choccie one I will be there! )

Coconut is as perkky as ever and Marina was busy this afternoon. Eftihia now seems to have it's regulars and Helen's Creperie will always prepare those special crepes which, even I , love with a passion. Portofino, Rainbow, Hotel Akti..... all looking after guests.

Armourada should never be missed as I love this family to bits. Vassilis is doing very good work with his "CLEAN UP ARILLAS" campaign.
( Don't forget they stay open in the Winter for locals so must be doing it right )

Brouklis is always busy and many good reports have come back from "Linakis" guests about the food they have had there. -
Too many to mention but the odds are always in our favour for a good night out.
( Last night 3 people at Mon Amour 28 euros. - 2 retsinas and 2 beers included! )WOTSALLTHATABOUT?

Cheers
Negg - Who has been known to babble for England.

JohnTheRef&Dot

QuoteJohn the Ref should be looking after Holland's next match and I would buy him an Amstel if he gives them 3 penalties.

Neil I would love to be looking after Hollands Next Match but I will be watching it in Arillas, as for the drink you know I dont partake.
Awarding penalties, dont know about that.

justphil

You can award us a penalty when we see you on 13th. Unlucky for some, but not us... Will buy Dot a very large whiskey after dinner. And you a pudding involving candles.....

Last chance to wish you bon voyage and safe journey. Keep my bench warm. See you there

love from Jen and Phil

JohnTheRef&Dot

OK Phil
Chocks away, see you out there

TerryW

Can anyone, who is in Arillas this week, please look out for anyone making a boat from driftwood etc. Last year and the year before Wilf (from Essex) and Alan (from Wales) have made a boat. I am just sorry that I am not there this year to see it.

If they are making one, is there any chance of a photograph please?

The boat will look like this ..

vivian

This one that we saw last October made me smile.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Eggy

32 DEG IN THE SHADE, AT 5:35 PM ?

A MILD BREEZE TO HELP EVERYONE ROAST WITH VERY LITTLE PAIN.

NEW VISITORS ARRIVING AND GOING "WOWWWW"

AN EXCHANGE RATE OR E1.191.

WOT IS IT ALL ABOUT? - ( Answers on a postcard please! )

Negg

( Terry - If I find a boat then a piccie will be dun )

sunflower

Pat and Anette,
Normally I never write negative posts, but this year I really felt I was
ripped off at Ammos. I went there just for a glass of wine one afternoon and
was served only 1/3 glass, shortly after I got a coctailglass with crushed ice
and cherries, but I hadn't asked for that!! Cost: 4 euro.

The next day I went to a restaurant for lunch: Had a delicious tzatziki, 2 slices
of fresh bread and a full glass of wine. Cost: 3,50 euro.

Maybe others fancy Ammos for being posh, each to their own, but it's just not me!

Connie x

sunflower

P.S. Don't get me wrong: I can go out for an expensive dinner with friends,
not minding a bit about the costs, but 4 euro for a tiny glass of wine, honestly?!!
I'd rather sit at Armourada with half a carafe, knowing they won't overcharge me!!

sunflower

P.S. Don't get me wrong: I can go out for an expensive dinner with friends,
not minding a bit about the costs, but 4 euro for a tiny glass of wine, honestly?!!
I'd rather sit at Armourada with half a carafe, knowing they won't overcharge me!!

Jo Wissett

Connie, you want to come up our end and go to any classy bar and you will be charged around £3.80 for the same but definitely without the cherries! I have always looked upon Ammos as somewhere to go for the odd treat, but obviously not every night.