Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

ger and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

kevin.g

dave
theres a photo by justlynn,in size of the beach in the beach section..yammas

Eggy

Arillas Today? - And guess who left the camera on the kitchen worktop?

Arillas Beach is looking very good today! - It's still not the beach that nature has spoilt us with, over the last few years, but I see much more space today. Many more sunbeds appearing with many people using them. But still many places to chuck a toweldown if all you need is a quick swim. I took a walk along the sand and the sea is still crystal clear.
The left hand side of the jetty is still the "slightly pebbly side" whilst the right hand looks quite sandy, through the water. Both sides have their followers depending on what the feet prefer. Although the naturist end still may take a bit of getting your feet wet it seemed to me that many had "taken the plunge" - not literally.

A busy Arillas today, more cars and bodies than I've seen for many a while. And, with the temp still hovering around 28 deg at 5pm, a good time had to be had by all.
We've had our 3 days of bad weather, I hope, so surely more improvement must be on the way.

If I was due to fly over in the next week or so, I would be so excited, so no worries to those on the way. Don't forget y'all, the biggest thing you miss , when living here, is a 2 week holiday in Arillas.- ( Maybe twice a year is much bigger to miss!)

Cheers
Negg

justphil

Ah Eggy. I could happily give up the two weeks holiday if I had fifty others out there to play with.

See you week after next...
Phil

Eggy

Twer looking good today Phil. It nearly made me wish I was on a bed/mat, relaxing, instead of pottering around.
Negg.

Eggy

Arillas Today lkooking very good and the deep blue/turquoisey colour of the sea is just amazing. Met many friends this afternoon and good time was had.
Weather was good and we're still being spoily with temp of around 39 deg st 6:30.

Kostas on the Beach looks like it's raring to go tonite and menu board outside with a good choice of food plus tables nicely laid etc etc.

Just a few old pics for you as a walk down memory lane and, of coure a tribure to our old pal Kostas.........
........." Don't worry mate - your family will do you proud "
And , I think if you sit long enough at your table and stare out to sea you just might see " Kostas on the beach!"

I'm sure it will be very touching moment,for all each evening and for many evenings that follow

Cheers All
Negg.

Karen/Colin

I am so pleased that it has re-opened. I said to Col last night where shall we eat on our first night & he suggested Kostas.
Karen

MaryH

It will be a wonderfull tribute to Kostas, the resteraunt looks beautiful. I'm sure the 1st night will be extra special.
Take Care

Mary

John B

Nice to see it opening again.

This has always been our favourite place.

No doubt the food will be as good as ever.

But one thing will be sadly missed [ Rest in piece Kostas ]

John

Sandy x

What wonderful news.....wish I was there tonight.
Sandy x

Lisa and Steve

vivian

Im got tears in my eye's just sitting here and am quite sure there will be a lot of people with tears in there eye's tonight. Im sure all Kostas family will be happy and sad tonight but they could pay no better tribute to the man himself. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

4x4

Now I understand.

Wondered why the place was closed.

I hope the reopening is a sucsess and i will make a point of visiting next year.

JohnTheRef&Dot

Will be good to sit there next week looking out to sea and recalling memories of a nice man

justphil

We would happily share the moment with you John. I hope young Adela is there. And her lovely daughter Elitheria (spelling forgiven please)

You are right viv - not a dry eye in the house....
Phil

Paul D

Heather and I would like to add our best wishes for future success at Kostas. We were there two weeks too early, it seems, cos we would definitely paid a visit.

Yammas     Paul D

Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!