Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Truth

Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Barry

Just walked past Vinceremos and they're busy painting . Beach point has been totally gutted. Hopefully something good is happening. The old Arillas inn looks sadder than ever with the shrubbery growing out through the roof.

jackson

Its a shame about the Arillas inn pity no-one can do anything with it.

Eggy

Word on the street said Vinceremos would be closed this Summer , but you guys know rumours!!

It does not look like Marina Taverna and pool will be open for Monday. Loads to do.

More later
Negg

Barry

Had a chat with the guys tonight and hopefully the Marina will be open on Friday.

Eggy

Coconut opens tonight and I am sure anyone who ventures in for a bevvy will be sure to marvel at Peri's new dartboard setup.

Cheers
Negg

Karen/Colin

Just curious but what is the situation with the Arillas Inn. When we first came to Arillas nearly 20years ago it was a lovely taverna.
It seems such a shame that a taverna in a prime position is just left to the elements
Karen

Eggy

Sadly nothing planned and ,I agree, tis a shame.

and..... not concrete but I am told that Portofino will be after their usual sunbed picth and only open , during the day, to offer snacks and drinks. We will see.

Cheers
Negg

Eggy

About a 23 deg today and still faily quiet which is a bonus as many Taverna / Bar owners have more time to chat and put the world to rights.

I begin to struggle to find a parking spot for the punto which tell me that Arillas is warming up.
(We won't talk about hire cars stopping in the middle of the road. Duuuuuurrrrrrr!!)
Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Marina Pool Bar and Restaurant look on target for Friday and Marina pool filling up nicely.
(Karl did not see any lads stood around it so presume a hose is in use!)

Always forget Horizon Hotel, but it must be open or the guys sitting at an outside table will have a long wait!!

Normal service is very quickly being presumed all around Arillas.
C'mon Armourada, pull yer finger out!!

Jeff arrived at Rainbow today and has kindly bought me over a recording of the Coronation?
(I cannot think what I have done to upset him that much!!)
Cheers]
Negg
Negg

riggers

Coming 8th August, staying at Brouklis,  can't wait.

Eggy

8th August , Riggs. - Will you need a duvet cover?

Marina pool bar could be ready tomorrow but all stops need to be pulled out.
and.. Vinceremos has some "goings on" going on so maybe he will be open soon?

Loadsa wet stuff today but, at 6pm , it looks to be , what may be , a pleasant evening.

Cheers
Negg

Eggy

The weather is not being kind to our early bird visitors. Overnight thunder and lightning plus a tad this morning produced a rainfall of around 35mm. Now we sit with a dry 22 deg and hope that the afternoon will continue to perk up and take us through to a dry evening, - But I think not.

Very little of Arillas beach left yesterday as the breeze bought the tides in much further than usual.
(I am sure weather enthuiasts will explain that much better along with the "red rain" we have had leaving a residue over cars and balconies etc)

Vinceremos not yet open but there has been some activity there , albeit a blink and you'll miss it sort.
Not sure about Beach Point but I think Armourada has now joined the "somewhere to be" club.
Cheers All
Negg

Truth

Hello mate
I know you don't often drive that way but I take it Bardis Studios and Bardis Hotel are open now?
Cheers
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

Karl
Fairly certain they are both up n running as gates are open and I have seen a couple of hire cars inside both.
Cheers
Neill