A to Z - Photographs of Arillas and Corfu

Started by TerryW, August 08, 2007, 01:15:09 PM

TerryW

K for Kapodistrias International Airport - the view from the plane.

This is when the excitement really kicks in

TerryW

L for Looking back at plane as you enter Arrivals and get your passport ready - the excitement increases even more

TerryW

M for Marina Hotel with new top floor and lift, as viewed from Horizon Hotel

TerryW

justphil

Nice ones Terry! BTW the dog is Charley - a bit of a laid back local personality, and adorable.

Phil

blondegirl

You are sooo right Terry... looking at your airport photos and seeing the haziness from
the heat made me go all wobbly inside... really exciting to get off that plane and feel the heat, all the familiar smells of Corfu.... my sunglasses come out, cardi off and I am away!

Only 6 weeks to go now!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

BeckyB

I second that Blonde Girl!
Your pictures really capture that first sensation of getting off the plane & overwhelming excitement of being back in Corfu - especially the one leading up to the Arival hall - by that point I'm busrting to get through!
It's funny that a few simple photgraphs can be so evocative - thank you Terry for sharing with us - they are really very good indeed.
BeckyB.

Erja

Quote from: justphil on July 22, 2008, 01:38:22 PM
BTW the dog is Charley - a bit of a laid back local personality, and adorable.

Indeed! Charly got many a scratch behind the ears from Heidi and I due to us spending a lot of time in Thalassa :)

Thank you Terry!
Life is good ;)

riggers

Brilliant pictures Terry. I always forget to take some when i am at the airport.

riggers..

Lindypops

Charly is indeed a lovely dog. He was found in a box, left in the road. He`s a happy chappie though, and bumbles along. He can be seen late afternoon, gathering all his friends, and then mooching about.
Lindypops.

TerryW

O for Out at Sea

I love the blue sea and sky on this pic

TerryW

P for Photo from the Pool

Photo taken whilst in the pool at the Horizon

TerryW

Q for Quafing and Eating at Lunchtime

We only had lunch on three days but although it was very British, the Magners, the delicious home made burgers, and the Arillas chips were worth having. Makes me feel hungry even now!

Erja

Oh Terry! You just got my stomach rumbling.....
Life is good ;)

Shuey

Those chips look delicious! Is it lunch time yet. ;)