A to Z - Photographs of Arillas and Corfu

Started by TerryW, August 08, 2007, 01:15:09 PM

Baldy Barry

Hope I don't burn !

Paul C

I = Interesting.
Not normally found by the side of the road.

Geoffrey with a "G"

Paul - the photo of the torpedo in the square at Magoulades brings back memories of sitting nearby watching the traffic threading its´way through the village
Geoffrey with a `G´

BeckyB

It's a cracking picture isn't it?
I was trying madly to remember the name of the village as I know we've passed it on several occasions - thanks Geoffrey :-)
PS: I take it there's no sort of charge/explosives left in it anymore?!
BeckyB :-)

justphil

Magoulades. Torpedo. Arillas. Paleokastritsa. Agios Stefanos. Acharavi. Roda. Sidari. Kavaddades. Afionas. Just bring it all on. My Corfu...

Phil

Geoffrey with a "G"

QuotePS: I take it there's no sort of charge/explosives left in it anymore?!
BeckyB
Maybe that´s why the big house at the back of the square is for sale!
Geoffrey with a `G´

BeckyB

Is that so Geoffrey? If that's right, you can kind of see why can't you :-)
I'm not all sure how comfy I'd feel living opposite a muckle torpedo! :-)

Geoffrey with a "G"

QuoteIs that so Geoffrey? If that's right, you can kind of see why can't you
Yes Becky, see what you mean, but I know the English lady-owner, and resident in the house, and that´s not the reason for the sale. Beautiful house, totally renovated, used to be the doctor´s house complete with apothecary in the yard. If I win the lottery that´s where I´ll be living in future. Very handy for daily walks to Arillas and beautiful views.
Geoffrey with a `G´

Maggie

There is another torpedo, in armenades i think. It's lying at the side of the road. Doesn't look in such good condition as the on at magoulades. I've often wondered why it's there, it's not the type of thing you would just leave lying around is it?

BeckyB

I think it would be a wonderful place to live Geoffrey , I can quite see why you would want to live in such a glorious spot.
What an interesting history the house seems to have :-)

TerryW

Thanks for posting the Torpedo pic, Paul.

I have always wanted to take a photo of it myself, but I have never found a safe place to park. I always seem to get a very unsure driver in front of me and a very impatient driver behind me when I go through the village.

Paul C

Terry,
I sneaked up there on a scooter.
Paul

Baldy Barry

Hope I don't burn !

Julie j

Super picture, super guy, thankyou Barry

kevin.g

cant wait to see the picture in real life ...oh well soon be june.............yammas