A to Z - Photographs of Arillas and Corfu

Started by TerryW, August 08, 2007, 01:15:09 PM

sharonF

mmmmmm look at the plate!  I'm eating a rotten salad, haha.

Sharon x

M n M

Anyone want an easy DIY project for someone, heres an R, ruin, plenty of these around here.

Can anyone answer this, has someone been talking too long and the donkey took the huff and left it's saddle?

Mick

ger

ooh terry i can taste those chips now! at your recomendation we ate in horizon and had sofrito with chips, it was yummy!!
ger x

TerryW

I am regretting the photo myself now, I am starving.

Mick,

Was the ruin in the Dafni area by any chance?

Terryw

M n M

TerryW

Oh! right Mick thanks,  I have that copied onto a DVD at home but can't find it. I will have another look tonight.

M n M

reference Google, it's Corfu's oldest deserted village, Mick

Mango

Hi there

That's got to be Old Perithia then, am I right Mick.

Amanda

M n M

You certainly are Amanda, I love going there as it's a good ride on a motorbike but I think it's starting to get busier, there must be about six or seven businesses there now. TTFN Mick.

SteveL

S = Shop (but closed when we were there)

TerryW

T for Thalassa - This was taken at about 8:20pm as the sun was getting lower in the sky.

Shuey

blondegirl

I was thinking that... 8.20 p.m. you would think there would be somebody there already
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

justphil

Sadly, apart from Sundays when the local population have a day out at the seaside and they were heaving, Thalassa was often too quiet. But so was Tomas at Vavilas. It speaks volumes when the locals from all over Corfu choose them in front of all the others in Arillas and many told us so that night.

They have been slammed on the forum but it is not very fair. Without Spiros they would have been closed altogether this season. Many of us would have hated that. And we also ate some very good food and had very good service. But I do realise that this is because we are good friends of theirs

I understand that Yannis is an impossible act to follow, and truly wish he and Litsa were still there, but Spiros has made Thalassa possible this year, and with Steve and Adela has made quite a go of it. We are eternally grateful for that.

Phil

TerryW

U for Up the hill into Afionis, by the Three Brothers Taverna.