Arillas and Corfu photos and video. Links to sites etc.

Started by neilelaine, August 07, 2007, 02:38:08 AM

neilelaine

Hi, I thought I might start a thread for people wanting to see photos of Arillas and Corfu in general.
    Most people on this forum will have some pictures of the places they visited on their holiday, whether it is the local Taverna/Bar or Village/Town on their travels. If you use this thread to post a link to a photo or video of Arillas in this forum it might become a sticky.
    If you have any comments on the photos it would probably be better to start a separate thread in the "general chat" area of the forum rather than fill this thread with replies to the posts.
     So, who is going to post first?
(Going away to Wales tomorrow so I won't se the result of this post until Friday!)
Have fun,

Neil, Elaine and Kids.

kevin.g

hi neil cant get into your link. really looking forward to seeing your photos,nice to see your becoming a arillas addict like the rest of us .hows elaine&kids .all the best kevin&kay

TerryW

I must be thick as I don't understand this post at all, especially as I have never heard of a "sticky". I did google it and came up with a few things :- "sticky as in postit note" "sticky fingers" "sticky Wicket" and "sticky toffee puding" mmmmmm but nothing to do with photographs.

Perhaps you could explain on your return from Wales neilelaine.

I do have a similar idea that could prove to be entertaining, especially through the winter months to help the symptoms of Arillasitus.

The idea is that we have a Photograph A to Z of our holiday memories. There are no rules to this except people post one photo at a time with the next letter in the alphabet. This could be a placename, taverna, natural feature, animal etc etc - use your imagination. I wonder how many times we can go through the alphabet?

I must admit  that I have stolen this idea from another holiday forum and it can be fun, especially for letters like Q, X, Y and Z.

Terry

Eileen

A good idea Neil and Elaine, I like your angle on it too Terry.  A-Z sounds like fun and maybe make it easier....you know how we all like a bit direction!  Now I wonder who or what would feature under the letter D.....

Sticky means that Dimitris would 'pin' the topic to the top of the page so that it does not get buried under more recent topics...

Eileenx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

TerryW

blondegirl

I have problems changing my profile photo- sometimes its too big and Joe sorts it out for me.. Then I have trouble adding a quote, but I wont go down that road as I still cant work it out despite Viv and Joe sending me emails so trying to post photos A-z Well, that will take me all year to work out.  LOL>>
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

TerryW

Try this Blondegirl.

Create an account at http://www.filehigh.com  This is easy because you only need a username,  password and email address. You will be esnt an activation code by email

Next make sure that you move all the photographs that you may want to upload,to a common folder, on your PC,  and make sure that the maximum file size of each file is 512 Kb.

Login to http://www.filehigh.com ( you will need your activation code for your first login) and you will see your account. Click on the "My Folders" tab at the top, and you will be shown a screen where you can create a new folder.

Click on the "Create New Folder" box and type a name ie Arillas. Once this is done you will see the Arillas folder, which will be empty, and click on the "Upload" box.

On the next screen click on the browse box and this will take you to the files on your PC.

Navigate to the folder where your files to be uploaded are stored and double click on the first photograph that you want to upload. The path and file name will appear between the Browse Box and where it says FILE 1. Type in a Title and a description and then click the "Upload" button. You can upload multiple files but I always upload one photo at a time.

The photograph will appear and you will see some select boxes headed Thumb Tag, Thumb Img, Display Link and (more links) - click on More Links. Three more boxes will now appear and click on the "Select Box" against the last one called Img. The text that appears the box, is the text that you need to copy into your post.

After clicking on the Select Box and the text background has changed to blue, copy the text by pressing CTRL and C on the keyboard at the same time or use copy after right clicking with the mouse.

Now go the forum and type the text for your reply and then paste the copied link into the post. Do a preview to make sure the Picture is shown.

I have created an Account on Filehigh for you to practice with...... go to http://www.filehigh.com

Username = arillasforum and password = corfu I guess that when trying this you could create a folder using your forum nic, and this would mean that we would all have a choice of either using this account or our own personal account.

I hope this helps

vivian

I tried that and couldnt do it, but have just had sucess posting my first photo (see Donkey Rescue) and did this with photo bucket which seemed a lot clearer to me. Have a look at it Sue. I feel so pleased with myself. I also like the idea of the A-Z but what about board size or whatever its called that Dimitris has to pay for is there a way of getting round thta. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

blondegirl

It sounds soooooo complicated... my brain scrambled reading that.  Will  have a go though... you might get to Z by the time I've worked it out.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Shuey

Me too Sue, i dont think i am going to bother - to technical!!

TerryW

I have found some really good Photographs here:- http://www.webshots.com/search?query=arillas&start=0

Perhaps a forum member/members  has information about them