flights to corfu 2008

Started by kevin.g, August 01, 2007, 07:42:38 PM

kevin.g

been looking into flights for jun/july 2008 i was horrified at some of the prices coming back to me through the net.prices ranged from £170 upwards with xl at over £200 per person .it looks cheap when it first comes on screen until you add the taxes  i tried them all until i went on british airways site,and was pleasently surprised when it came back at £155 p/p for a 10 day return flight from gatwick. so if you,ve booked independant holidays check as many sites as possible before booking.. good luck to all.....

Mick and Jill

I always look at the prices when we return in October for the following May and the prices are unbelievable.  Normaly wait till nearer the time and it's amazing how the prices drop.  A bit concerned though for next year as there have been so many flight cancellations for this year.

Jill
Jill XXX

Sandy x

Good to know they are still doing the BA flights from Gatwick for 2008.
Sandy x

sharonF

I have been looking for flights for when we return in September, we are staying in Philips studios at Tria Adelphia so just need to organise flights, they are averaging at £500 for the two of us.  Just been on mytravel website, for flight only it is £602, for a package holiday at the same time, it is £432!! how bizarre is that, it's cheaper to book with accommodation.

pg32

We fly on sep 3rd(this year) and our flights were £185 each with monarch from manchester.

Smiffypink

Where are you flying from and what date going and coming back Sharon??

Eileen

Sharon,

Personally I would hold off just now, but I would advise you to monitor the prices daily to keep track of them.

Eileenx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

sharonF

We can go from the 17th September for one week Smiffy.  That's the dates Philip is holding for us, we have to let him know the flight details when we have them. 

sharonF

Eileen do you think it's better to leave till last minute then? 

Smiffypink

sharonF

LOL sorry Smiffy, it's coz i'm excited, we are flying from Manchester.

Smiffypink

Its ok, i understand that feeling :-D !!

Fiona

I am not sure about leaving it too late unless you are brave enough to leave it until a day or so before.  I thought flights now got more expensive as seat availability declined.  Certainly seems to work that way with the cheap airlines (RyanAir, EasyJet).

Our flights on 28 September, which we booked at the beginning of this year, were cancelled by XL at the beginning of June (while we were in Arillas!).  Fortunately I found a flight for £2 more with Thomson, flying from Manchester, but that flight is now over £100 more than we have paid.

As Eileen says, keep monitoring on a daily basis.
Fiona

Eileen

I'm not so sure about leaving it to the last minute, but the price you quoted earlier is very high for September, it might be a better idea to leave it for now...but remember to monitor it carefully.

Eileenx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

sharonF

Thanks Eileen and Fiona will do that xx  Cannot wait to go back.