Favourite restaurants

Started by smoosh, July 06, 2007, 04:46:59 PM

vivian

Hi Smooch, that is plenty for a week in Arillas as far as eating and drinking. Most people that have posted on the other tread have money left other for presie's, booze and ciggies. Depends on if you want to spend at the airport or not. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

blondegirl

The Kebab place is not to be missed either.  They do wonderful kebabs, not like in the UK.. they also do other meals like egg and chips and I noticed on the menu board traditional greek meals too.  We never went there on our first visit but we did this year and they were so cheap.  Not a traditional greek restaurant more like a cafe but very good value.  We paid 4.20 euros for one bottle of water, tin of iced tea,  two kebabs with meat (pork), tzatziki, salad and chips thrown in and a cheese and ham toasty. Fantastic value. Take that on the beach with a bottle wine/beer and watch the sun set lovely! Just an idea  :0
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

smoosh

Oooo great idea blondegirl!  I hear the sunsets are not to be missed in Arillas!  :)

Thanks!

Smiffypink

Yep that is a fab idea blondegirl, we ate in there a couple of times for lunch and it was very cheap but lovely filling food, just ask them to wrap it up for takeaway smoosh and then grab a couple of bottles of Mythos or Amstel or whatever takes your fancy, and then head down to the beach and watch the fantastic sunset, which are indeed not to be missed, very romantic in my opinion!!

blondegirl

Definately not to be missed!

Smiffypink

You can see 2 people on the jetty in that picture watching their own bit of magic, lovely!!

Theres no stopping you now is there Sue with the piccies :-) !

Shuey

You are getting really clever now Sue - you will haave to set that one up as your back drop on your computer!!

The kebab place i am assuming its the one next to the Malibu.  When we were there in 2005 there was a couple staying in our hotel who ate there every night.  We went there with them one night and have to say it was not bad!  We could not drag them out with us to another reataurant though.

smoosh

If it's next to Malibu then i assume that'll be very good for us because we're staying at the Akti Arillas hotel, which I believe (from the map!!) is near Malibu?

blondegirl

It is next to it.. Very clean, there are some tables inside too.

Smiffypink

Yep the cafe is literally just across the road.

blondegirl

You've got good eyes claire,  I didnt see the people on the jetty, and its not Mike and meself!  I wouldnt go out that far on it..

Smiffypink

My mince pies never fail me!!

Youve never been out to the end of the jetty??  Its lovely to walk up there, see all the fish swimming around the end, also nice at the time of the sunset, give it a go Sue, be brave!!

blondegirl

Its that little bit in the missing that looks like its going to fall into the water that gets me.. If the waves are a bit too rough I bottle out.

Hels Bels

Love the idea of taking supper down to the beach and watch the sunset. On the odd unusual day that it has rained in Arillas, we've been and watched a film at the Coconut, nipped to the sanck bar for a gyros and bought it back to the Coconut 'Perfick' as Pa Larkin might say!

sharonF

Hadn't noticed the kebab shop, will do that with the sunset, what a great idea.