Perry's and Jimmy's

Started by Sandy x, June 08, 2007, 10:18:34 PM

Sandy x

Those of you who have stayed at Perry's and Jimmy's over the years will remember Urinaya, the lovely old lady who owned the house and looked after the gardens. She used to keep my family in grapes and tomatoes throughout our holidays there for many years. She spoke no English and my Greek is abysmal, but over the years we became very friendly and communicated after a fashion. She had a stroke a couple of years ago and had been bedridden ever since and I learned when I was in Arillas in May that she had died in December. She was one of those wonderful people in Arillas whom we have all come to love - nothing was ever too much trouble for her and she was always smiling. Until she was 80, she used to come scampering down the hill from her house and across the fields to water the garden. At Jimmy's wedding (Rainbow) several years ago I am told she was a leading light in the dancing....

Although I am pleased that her suffering is now over, I feel sad that I have lost a very special friend.
Sandy x

Smiffypink

Aah thats really sad to hear, but as you say she is no longer suffering which is the best thing.

Arron

Sorry to hear this Sandy, she was a lovely old lady that always gave me a smile and a wink when we stayed at Perry and Jimmy's back in 1996.

Gald that she's not suffering anymore, i'm sure she will keep an eye on the garden from up above.

Benita

Hi all
I am off on 16th July staying at Perry and Jimmy's. I know I have picked a hot month !
Can any one tell me if the rooms have any sort of cooling system eg fan ? If not is there any where to hire some ? Looking forward to the holiday I have not been to Arillas for 20 years, I guess it may have changed a bit.
PS it is my birthday while i'm there

Sandy x

I haven't stayed there for a few years, but as far as I'm aware there are no fans there but you can rent them at some of the supermarkets (see another thread on this forum). Hope you have a great time. You'll be surprised at how little Arillas has changed....a few more buildings maybe but the same magic atmosphere.
Sandy x

Lindypops

Hi. Fans can be hired from Yiota, next to the Coconut bar.
Lindypops.

Benita

Thank you for information regarding fans.

Benita

Can anyone help please
Perry and Jimmy's is a self catering appartment, do we need to take our own towels and tea towels ? I shall take beach towels.
Also what has been the average temp over the last week? A work colleague was in Corfu a few weeks ago and said there was a heat wave with temp over 40. Just wondered if this was true.

Thanks, Benita

Sandy x

They provide tea towels, hand towels and bath towels which will get changed along with the sheets during your stay. All you need is beach towels. It looks as if it has been really hot but temperatures seem to be down to the low 30s which is fine and there is usually a bit of a breeze in Arillas.
Sandy x

Shuey

Low 30's sounds good to me.  It is so windy today, just as well its not raining as i think i would take off if i tried to use my brollie!!

Benita

Thanks for that imfo. Towels take up so much space ans weight. yes that temp sounds ok to me too

thanks again

Benita

Just home from a week in these appartments. Thought I would do a small review.
We thought they were very well positioned with a very short walk to rainbow with all its facilities. The beach was a very enjoable stroll away and a supermarket even closer.
The appartments were typical basic Greek. They were clean with bedding and towles changed twice a week. Maid came in every other day to empty bin. Perry was around for a while most days to care for the loverly gardens and was always happy to chat or ask if everything ok. We would recommened these, my only negative was no air con but it was exceptionally hot while we were there.
Anyone with a question I am happy to try to answer

Sandy x

Perry was doing the garden?? Usually he sings at the Malibu in the evnings (although I heard he might not be doing this this year) and it is his father Dennis who tends the apartments and gardnes. Glad to hear the next generation is keeping the business going.....
Sandy x

Benita

May be it was Dennis !! I thought he said his name was Perry but may be he said he was Perry's dad. He was gentleman in his 50's. Who ever it was they were very helpful and friendly.

Sandy x

That's Dennis. His son Perry is a very handsome young man......and I've never seen him in the garden. It was their mother/grandmother who used to do the garden for years.
Sandy x